Snow Equipment Owning/Operating What size blower can my tractor handle

/ What size blower can my tractor handle #11  
Once you get a path open then you can take a smaller width bite. The issue is getting that first path open without overpowering the tractor. It might work to have a blower a little narrower than the wheels but it's not ideal.

/ What size blower can my tractor handle
Ok. Seems like 66" should be max width. Here is another question. I currently have a 8' woods backhoe on the machine and the tires are loaded. How involved is it to install a setup to run a blower with a hydraulic chute? I'd assume it could plug into tractor same way backhoe does. I would need some type of valve block and control to run it though right? When blower comes off I could make the valves and controls come off with the blower and go back to backhoe. Just wondering because it seems the manual chute thing could get old. I'd imagine running backwards gets old quick too though anyway.

/ What size blower can my tractor handle #13  
I had a jd870 with 28 hp gear drive and used a 60" blower. The tractor just barely had enough ponies to blow snow with it. If snow was real wet... Fogetaboutit.

When snow was fresh and dry, it worked ok.

/ What size blower can my tractor handle #14  
Ok. Seems like 66" should be max width. Here is another question. I currently have a 8' woods backhoe on the machine and the tires are loaded. How involved is it to install a setup to run a blower with a hydraulic chute? I'd assume it could plug into tractor same way backhoe does. I would need some type of valve block and control to run it though right? When blower comes off I could make the valves and controls come off with the blower and go back to backhoe. Just wondering because it seems the manual chute thing could get old. I'd imagine running backwards gets old quick too though anyway.

Why not leave the valve on the tractor and have a remote for other purpose as well. Put quick disconnects from the valve. You may need a return to tank off the valve.

/ What size blower can my tractor handle #15  
I had the EXACT same tractor as you have - had it for 25 years and used a 3-point snow blower - 66" wide. NEVER had a moments problems loading it down. I could back directly into a tall snow berm and blow it away without ever worrying about loading the tractor down.

The only down side - the first time I would use it to blow the driveway every winter - I would usually go thru a couple shear bolts when I'd pick up large rocks. It wasn't much of a problem - changing shear bolts was a 3-4 minuet job. Other than that it was usually 3 hours to blow my mile long driveway, yard & mail box area and my neck & shoulders would end up stiff & sore - looking back all the time.

With my new tractor I can do all this with just the rear blade.

I had the EXACT same tractor as you have - had it for 25 years and used a 3-point snow blower - 66" wide. NEVER had a moments problems loading it down. I could back directly into a tall snow berm and blow it away without ever worrying about loading the tractor down. The only down side - the first time I would use it to blow the driveway every winter - I would usually go thru a couple shear bolts when I'd pick up large rocks. It wasn't much of a problem - changing shear bolts was a 3-4 minuet job. Other than that it was usually 3 hours to blow my mile long driveway, yard & mail box area and my neck & shoulders would end up stiff & sore - looking back all the time. With my new tractor I can do all this with just the rear blade.

Can't ask for a better reply than that. Thanks

Have a lead on a Lorenz 530. Anyone have any opinions on this blower? Looks like a 3 blade fan, but other than that looks great

/ What size blower can my tractor handle #18  
I run a Lorenz 630 on my TC25D with a Hydro trans. 20.3 pto hp. Never an issue with the blower. You can find them online lorenzmfg.com. I have worked with them for a copy of the manual and some spare parts. Most parts they use are available at industrial supplies. Mine is also a 3 blade fan.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20151022_154122.png
    ForumRunner_20151022_154122.png
    368.4 KB · Views: 110
  • ForumRunner_20151022_154235.png
    ForumRunner_20151022_154235.png
    518.4 KB · Views: 103