What size trailer do I need to transport BX2680

/ What size trailer do I need to transport BX2680 #1  

katyhorn

Tractor
BX 2680
My BX2680 has an oil leak in the back and I need to transport to the dealer. It only has 32 hrs so I'm hoping it is covered by warranty.

Two questions, please:
1) What size trailer do I need? I recently rented a 6X12 U-haul for another job and that feels like it would work? Thoughts?
2) Do tractor warranties cover transportation to and from the dealer?

Thank you!
Katyhorn

/ What size trailer do I need to transport BX2680 #2  
If you look in your owners manual there will be a statement to the effect, transportation is not covered by warranty. There is a sticker on the tractor to the same effect I believe.

Remove the FEL if you have one. Do you have chains and boomers to tie it down? If not it might be cheaper to hire a wrecker or call the dealer for a quote to move it.

/ What size trailer do I need to transport BX2680 #3  
I think you would be just fine with a 6' x 12' trailer. Just be sure it handles the GVWR of the tractor with FEL. Write that number down before making a purchase. Get binders and chains to tie down the load safely according to most state laws. Good luck finding a trailer. They are in extremely short supply.

Turns out after I purchased my trailer, I used it for many more tasks than simply hauling my tractor.

/ What size trailer do I need to transport BX2680 #4  
You'll want two 3500 lb axles on a trailer to haul a typical CUT. I use a very basic 16' wood-decked 'car hauler' for my NHs, Case/IH or the Terramite. It's a 'one size fits all for my uses'. A little less trailer (length) = a little more payload and I like how more easily it backs up vs the 18' I've borrowed from next door. Up to full-size 4WD pickups I've never damaged it it 16+ yrs or wished I had anything more. IMO tires are the weakness as a rule. btw, I sold off tractors too heavy for it that weren't needed. Now I have to turn down doing freebie-favors for folks. :rolleyes:

/ What size trailer do I need to transport BX2680 #5  
First, contact the dealer. My dealer does free pickup and dropoff, for warranty work. Even 100 miles away.

/ What size trailer do I need to transport BX2680 #6  
I take it you’re renting a trailer? If so, a 6x12 should be fine, as long as the axles and tires can handle it. Twelve feet long is a short trailer.

Something else to consider is ensuring your tractor is covered, while being towed in a rented trailer.

In the end, it is probably best to have it towed, by a professional company, since we don’t have much information about your specific situation.

People would be better able to guide you, with more data provided.

/ What size trailer do I need to transport BX2680 #7  
Just take the end loader off and that will be fine. If you have the end loader on and something on the back like a brush hog, you need a tandem axle about 16 feet long.

/ What size trailer do I need to transport BX2680
The Kubota BX2680 weighs around 1500 lbs (plus the FEL). THe Uhaul trailer has 3500 lb load capacity, so it seems ok. I won't have any rear attachment just the 3 point hitch. The length of the tractor is 8 ft. I'll have to check if the tractor plus FEL is less than 12 ft in length.

Thanks for all the advice.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    192.8 KB · Views: 72
   / What size trailer do I need to transport BX2680 #9  
From the looks of things you'd be way-good with that U-Haul w/o removing the FEL. I suggest backing onto it and in 4WD for weight distribution and ease of loading/unloading .. and for towing without 'wagging the trailer'.