What size/width driveway for truck and gooseneck trailer?

/ What size/width driveway for truck and gooseneck trailer? #21  
Installing a new driveway entrance on some property I have purchased and want to make sure to install the correct size to not be limited to normal trucks and trailers.

Ideally it would need to be wide enough for a pickup truck and a 25-30’ gooseneck deckover trailer.

Would it need to be any wider for a dump truck and trailer or even a small transfer truck if necessary?

Double wall 15” pipe comes in 20’ sections hoping that 20’ wide should be plenty.
Keep in mind that the deeper the pipe is from your road surf, the longer you'll need to make it unless you build headwalls.

/ What size/width driveway for truck and gooseneck trailer? #22  
If it’s not too steep, you could hump up over the culvert some.

/ What size/width driveway for truck and gooseneck trailer? #23  
It depends on the distance of the culvert to the intersection ...closer it is, wider it needs to be.

/ What size/width driveway for truck and gooseneck trailer? #24  
Keep in mind that the Department of Transportation for your state may have regulations on inside curves of the driveway exit. Probably something between 12 and 25 ft radius.

/ What size/width driveway for truck and gooseneck trailer? #25  
40’ it is, thanks for the opinions. Now I have to figure out how to get a DOT required 15” pipe in a 8” deep ditch
They do make the oval ones for cases like yours.
David from jax

/ What size/width driveway for truck and gooseneck trailer? #26  
Installing a new driveway entrance on some property I have purchased and want to make sure to install the correct size to not be limited to normal trucks and trailers.

Ideally it would need to be wide enough for a pickup truck and a 25-30’ gooseneck deckover trailer.

Would it need to be any wider for a dump truck and trailer or even a small transfer truck if necessary?

Double wall 15” pipe comes in 20’ sections hoping that 20’ wide should be plenty.
Engineer Hat On: The Entity (NCDOT, or County owning the roadway) will probably require a permit, to do anything in their Right of Way. Typically they have standardized engineering drawings, which you can get for free. They should have one for commercial driveways. And, you can typically get them from their web sites. And in most places their engineers will be willing to give advice, on sizing ditch culverts, etc. They don’t want to have to come fix it next big rain.

Normal human hat on: Good luck

/ What size/width driveway for truck and gooseneck trailer? #27  

Just put in a driveway entrance on a lot I purchased, the street is 20 - 21 Ft wide. Looked up turning radius for a motorhome somewhere; it's about 48 ft at outside, 5 ft at inside, I used 40 LF of 12" double wall, thought it was wide enough for big trucks and a gooseneck, already thinking I should have added another 10 Ft of pipe, if for no other reason than to have nice looking shoulders on each side of driveway. I've heard of some places that will cut a 20 Ft length in half, if you didnt want to get another 20 footer, or you could do it yourself, it's easy. Like one of the other posters said; it's cheap insurance

/ What size/width driveway for truck and gooseneck trailer? #28  
They do make the oval ones for cases like yours.
David from jax
Opps, forgot you weren't going with concrete. You might have an issue with the required amount of dirt coverage over the pipe if your ditch is only 8" deep and a required 15" pipe is required.
I added a 60'+ driveway in addition to my 40' using 30" pipe. I sank it down low enough to cover the pipe with 8" of dirt but all I did was add a mess to my yard. The water created a waterfall before the pipe, and despite having tapered ends on the pipe, the surrounding ground still washes away. Plus with only 8" of dirt coverage, I can't drive a loaded truck over it, so all I have done is make a place for people to make U-turns in my front yard.
I will probably change out the 30" double wall plastic for 14" or 18" concrete someday, unless I give up trucking before that!
David from jax

/ What size/width driveway for truck and gooseneck trailer? #29  
My property came with a basic driveway already in place for the first 200'. With a 20' culvert at the road in the ditch. I am on a medium traffic, 45mph paved road.

Well my township made me get a "driveway permit" from the county road commission before they would grant me a home building permit - fair enough, you shouldn't build a home if it won't be safe for roadway enter/exit or accessible by emergency services.

But then the county told me I needed a 30' culvert, and pavement for at least 20' from the roadway edge, concrete or asphalt. Why require pavement from the road edge when every other gravel driveway in the entire county was rocks right up to the road edge? So said F U, not doing it - I simply didn't have the few thousand extra dollars for asphalt connection to the county road that I didn't want or need. Well I was "granted" the driveway permit, which let me start my house build, but then I never did the work or got it inspected and closed. Sorry, county road commission.

I sure would rather have a 30' long culvert, though. I use every bit of my existing 20'er to pull my BP car hauler and 21' camper in and out of the road. And semis had issue coming in to deliver stuff for the home build, but generally all made it. My septic/excavation guy ran off the edge once but it didn't hurt the culvert, so it's hard to get motivated to tear it out.

/ What size/width driveway for truck and gooseneck trailer? #30  
40’ it is, thanks for the opinions. Now I have to figure out how to get a DOT required 15” pipe in a 8” deep ditch
Look up arch pipe. Or it could be called elliptical in your area. Or talk to the DOT and see if putting in pipe runs alongside of each other is acceptable.