What small tiller, mantis or ?

/ What small tiller, mantis or ? #31  
My wife is bugging the s??t out of me for a mini tiller like the mantis. There is so much bad feedback about all the mini brand tillers that I do not know what to do. I've never had much problems out of 2stroke motors and I leave gas in them year round. I have read many problems from people that have 2stroke and 4stroke tillers? Mantis, Honda, Earthquake? What else? What is a good dependable mini tiller?

I have the Stihl Combi System tiller & it works great. The 4 cycle power head (oil mixed with gas) is quiet, powerful & starts first pull even after sitting all winter

Andy

/ What small tiller, mantis or ? #32  
I tried a Mantis,, now I have these,,,

5665Plow_zps2bef7049.jpg

/ What small tiller, mantis or ? #33  
Echo makes a nice little tiller and has an easy start recoil. Pull the rope as slow as you want and it rolls the motor over a few times. It's 2-stroke and Japanese engineering. Toyota of the hand-held world.
Echo actually make the mantis tiller. They are the same thing.

/ What small tiller, mantis or ? #34  
Echo actually make the mantis tiller. They are the same thing.
I had no idea. Good to know. I knew they made shindaowa or however you spell that. They're well built but way to expensive in my opinion.

/ What small tiller, mantis or ? #36  
Those old Gravelies have done a lot of work over the years.

I bought a remanufactured Ryobi cultivator attachment from Home Depot, then bought a generic split shaft weed wacker to operate it.
I have <$80 tied up in it, and until it picks up a rock is great for weeding between the rows. It has no wheels, and I"ve found that it works best by holding the throttle open and walking it backwards.

/ What small tiller, mantis or ? #37  
Old thread so they probably bought something already but I have this Ryobi 26CC power head that I recently bought this cultivator attachment for it. It's not on wheel so will be tiresome to use for prolong period of time but for smaller task, it's compact and doesn't cost much.