What teams will play in the next Superbowl?

/ What teams will play in the next Superbowl? #1,331  
If I was a betting man, I'd go along with Hey Dudes pick right now. At least it should be a interesting playoffs in both conferences.

Brown's fans need to start feeling sorry for the Panthers fan's. I hate to admit this, but the program is so sad in NC that it's actually funny. Saw it coming a mile a way when the new owner made changes when he first bought the team and made decisions on the people.

It helps somewhat to ease the pain of the Eagles falling apart down the homestretch. Sometimes I think fans forget about some of their teams pasts (eagles in the mid 1970's for example). Still remember watching the miracle at the meadowlands live on TV.
Browns fans need to feel sorry for Panther fans?
We've never been to a Super Bowl(Panthers went to 2) and the Browns went 1-31 in '16 and '17. 2 playoff appearances since they came back in '99. Feel sorry, I don't think so.

/ What teams will play in the next Superbowl? #1,332  
Browns fans need to feel sorry for Panther fans?
We've never been to a Super Bowl(Panthers went to 2) and the Browns went 1-31 in '16 and '17. 2 playoff appearances since they came back in '99. Feel sorry, I don't think so.
So to win in the NFL is to win a superbowl? Or, if you make it to the superbowl and lose, is that still a "win"

What does BILL'S stand for? Boy I Love Losing Super Bowls.

The reality is IMO per skill set, all the NFL teams are equal. The difference IMO (and I could be wrong) is the management and coaching.

The only reason why the bowns couldn't or wouldn't feel sorry for the Panthers IMO is their "management" is more screwed up than that Panthers.

Like I said, I'm not a Panthers fan, I have no dog in that fight, but I'm rooting for the Browns.

/ What teams will play in the next Superbowl? #1,333  
Lions got cheated big time on that Tackle eligible penalty. The ref screwed up and announced the wrong player nullifying the 2 point.
Eagles have picked the wrong time to play like they are right now.
KC played better than I thought they would against the Bengals.
Bengals offensive line fell apart at the end of the game against KC.

/ What teams will play in the next Superbowl? #1,335  
I do think Jordan Love is pretty good!

/ What teams will play in the next Superbowl? #1,336  
Lions got cheated big time on that Tackle eligible penalty. The ref screwed up and announced the wrong player nullifying the 2 point.
Eagles have picked the wrong time to play like they are right now.
KC played better than I thought they would against the Bengals.
Bengals offensive line fell apart at the end of the game against KC.
I don’t know if the Eagles are playing bad more than actually just struggling with having a terrible defense.

Last edited:
   / What teams will play in the next Superbowl? #1,337  
I do think Jordan Love is pretty good!
That goes to the culture of the team. It is amazing to me that teams will maintain that culture across GM and HC changes. Who are the Bears every year? Essentially, a run-first offense and a LB focused defense. Good QBs go there to die. GB is a QB first, draft and develop team. When they manage to have a good RB and/or a good D they do well. Maybe part of their patience is that they don't have an owner, per se.
The Bills have usually been defense-run game first. Their most successful seasons came when they had a QB to pair with it.

/ What teams will play in the next Superbowl? #1,338  
Feels like the Kardiac Kids and the Bernie Kosar years.
I lived in Ohio during that period. Always seem to be a heartbreak. I quit following the Browns when they moved to Baltimore in the middle of the night. :rolleyes:

Edit: Just as well. That was the same year I moved back to Texas--1995. :love:

Last edited:
   / What teams will play in the next Superbowl? #1,339  
That goes to the culture of the team. It is amazing to me that teams will maintain that culture across GM and HC changes. Who are the Bears every year? Essentially, a run-first offense and a LB focused defense. Good QBs go there to die. GB is a QB first, draft and develop team. When they manage to have a good RB and/or a good D they do well. Maybe part of their patience is that they don't have an owner, per se.
The Bills have usually been defense-run game first. Their most successful seasons came when they had a QB to pair with it.

Look at the Philadelphia Eagles from 2015-2017 and 2020-2022
In both of those short periods of time, they went from bad, losing records to winning a Superbowl and losing a close game Superbowl.

It is team culture, but also the owner & recruiting is a huge

/ What teams will play in the next Superbowl?
#1,340  
In pre-season, I predicted the Saints would win the NFC South but they wound up tied with Bucs and even tied in the first tie-breaker but lost in the 2nd tiebreaker because they lost one more game against Conference teams and that game was against Green Bay when they were leading 17-0 in the 3rd quarter when their quarterback was injured and put out the game causing them to lose 17-18. Many times it only takes one point to make or break a season and the Saints scored more points than all but 2 teams in the NFC. I wish that high points had been the second tie-breaker.

When the Saints made their last touchdown over the Dirty Birds Sunday, the Falcons Coach cursed out the Saints coach for running up the score by beating them by 31 points but we had no complaints from the Patriots earlier in the season when they beat them by 34-0. Any coach that behaves like that in a game doesn't deserve to be a coach.