What time of the morning does the school bus pass your place?

/ What time of the morning does the school bus pass your place? #11  
...I don't want my 5 and 8 year old daughters having to wait for the bus in the dark. ... I do take them down there and wait in the car. ... Thinking about complaining to the school board. Do I have a leg to stand on? I know the alternative is taking them myself.

Just tell the school board that you don't consider having your children wait in the dark by themselves to be safe; and that you're going to give both girls some loaded, pretty pink Taurus Judges to carry for self-defense. Either that, or stand out there with them with a 12 gauge pump in your hands every morning.

I think they might get the message.

/ What time of the morning does the school bus pass your place? #12  
When I was a kid going to some schools, I was waiting for the bus before sunrise. At one school, I could ride my bike to school, and for some strange reason I got up before my parents so I could eat breakfast at home, and then ride to school to eat breakfast again. :confused3::laughing::laughing::laughing: I would cross a four lane road about dawn and usually before the crossing card arrived. I don't know what was wrong with me. :D:D:D They had good grits at school for breakfast.:licking::licking::licking:

Our county is discussing this problem but short of spending an additional $500,000ish a year, there is not much that can be done due to distances to school and geographic realities.

Irregardless of the time of day, if the bus stops on the opposite side of the road, and the child has to cross the road to board the bus, walk to the road with your kid and make sure it is safe to cross. Over the last year or so, there have been a couple of kids hit by cars when the kids were boarding the bus. In some cases, the #$%^&*()_ drivers did not stop for the bus and killed the kids. In a couple of cases, the kids ran across the road before the bus arrived, and where killed by traffic. The drivers were not at fault in those cases, there was not a thing the drivers could do. Some of these kids were teenagers and should have known better to watch for traffic. An extra set of eyes, especially a parent concerned about safety and not boarding the bus, is a good thing, especially in low light.

Later,
Dan

/ What time of the morning does the school bus pass your place?
The main reason our bus is so early, is because it carries all ages and has to take them to different campuses across town.

/ What time of the morning does the school bus pass your place? #14  
My kids never had to ride the bus to school because I or the wife could always drop them off. They did have to ride the bus home some of the time. If they had taken the bus in the AM, it would have been about 6:45am. The ride is about 45 minutes even though if you drive it in a car its less than 15 minutes. All grades ride the same bus. I'm sorry, but in some areas that's the way it is and I'm not sure what good complaining will do.

/ What time of the morning does the school bus pass your place? #15  
The bus comes by here at 6:20 AM and drops off in the afternoon between 4:15 and 4:45 PM. We take our grandson to school in the morning so he can sleep late (he gets up after the bus has come and gone). He rides the bus home in the afternoon. It's a good citizenship lesson for him to ride the bus. He got a week suspension for talking back to the driver and we made sure he was fully employed with unpleasant chores daily to teach him a lesson. If we had not done that, he would have seen us picking him up as a benefit. He'd love for us to drop him off and pick him up, but that puts 40 miles per day on our car since the school is 10 miles one-way. One round-trip a day is enough.

/ What time of the morning does the school bus pass your place? #16  
My bus used to come at 6:30 get to school at 7:30, class starts at 9. Schools out at 3 bus comes at 4:15 get off bus at 4:50 then walk half mile home.

/ What time of the morning does the school bus pass your place? #17  
And with fuel costs, I would hope that the schools are open for opinions on how-to make the bus routes more efficient.

/ What time of the morning does the school bus pass your place? #18  
got the same thing here Kyle....except when we first moved here in April 09 it took me til the following fall to get them to change the route to include us. (only one down this road) That has since changed. Got a new one moving in next door as I type this and a mile up there are 4 - 5 more. ....but 6:30 bus time....last years driver use to switch it up sometimes so the first one on was the first one off (reversed the route in the eve) Don't know why that isn't normal.

/ What time of the morning does the school bus pass your place? #19  
Our school district went to single route bussing last year to save costs. Whether it really does or not I do not know. Stops at our house at 6:45 for elementary to high school. We can drop them off after 7:30 at the school it starts around 8.

/ What time of the morning does the school bus pass your place? #20  
I remembered reading about the longest school bus rides a long time ago, but didn't know that had changed.

End Near for 179-Mile Bus Trip to High School - NYTimes.com

We now have at least two busses come by here every day; apparently a different bus for Elementary school age kids from the one that carries the high school kids. I drove a school bus for the 1961-62 school year, but I hauled all 12 grades together (no kindergarten in those days).:laughing:

I also remember several years later when some were debating the pros and cons of daylight savings time and complained that the kids would be out in the dark in the morning. My Mother thought that was hilarious because she and Dad were raising my little niece in Anchorage and said the kids walked to school in the dark and walked home in the evening in the dark.:laughing: