What to do with an old pressure tank?

/ What to do with an old pressure tank? #1  

DieselBound

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800; Kioti NX5510HC
I've been literally kicking a big 80 gallon can about for some time now, an old pressure tank. The tank is water logged.

My only thought was to cut the top off and use it as a big container for recyclable metals (I've got buckets of such now and those are getting a bit unruly). Would probably have to weld on lift hooks.

What do folks do with these things?

/ What to do with an old pressure tank? #3  
I've been literally kicking a big 80 gallon can about for some time now, an old pressure tank. The tank is water logged.

What do folks do with these things?
What I don't do is kick thigs that heavy,good way to break a toe or have neighbors wonder what's come over you.
Advertise it free on CraigsList if you want it gone.

/ What to do with an old pressure tank? #5  
Dry well. I had two and I dug a hole to allow surface water at one corner of my house a place to go, away from the house and into these tanks that has holes at the bottom and the hole back filled with gravel up to 1 feet below the surface before fabric separates from the topsoil. Works like a charm!

/ What to do with an old pressure tank? #7  
Might be a fun target at 800 yards.
I'm limited to 300 yards, but the .50 BMG clink can still be heard. I see that Home Depot & Lowes employ subcontractors to deal with spring plant sales. Shopping carts with pressure tanks on them with water & air to take care of plants and trees. How about a fire fighting sprayer? Send it to Kalifornia to extinguish the wildfires. Be sure to apply all the labels and stickers about cancer, expiration date, max pressure, 5 languages, instruction for use, warning about not using drunk, high or asleep. Safety straps, tax stamp, colorized for type of water, radiation content, and of course, environmentally friendly and political correctness rating. A Facebook QR code splotch would get you extra mail-in absentee voter forms, and a CNN interview with Chris Cuomo's Alternate News congregation. Maybe just fill it with welding gases and set it out by the curb if you have a job, pay taxes, wear a Lone Ranger mask, and only speak 1 language.

/ What to do with an old pressure tank? #8  
Cut in half lengthwise makes a good watering trough, especially if you equip it with a float valve to keep it full. Put on stand and fill with flowers. I have even seen one fixed with additons to resemble a cow for pasture ornament.

/ What to do with an old pressure tank? #9  
I cut one in half and made it into a barbecue. Never worked, but...

/ What to do with an old pressure tank? #10  
lawn roller

I second this idea, it would make a perfect lawn roller when filled with liquid.

Old time farmers used to run a roller over seeded (hay) area to get it to germinate better, but I am not a farmer was just watching them when I was a kid!

Last edited: