What truck to I need?

/ What truck to I need? #1  

clemnd86

Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
Looking to replace my current truck. I have a Ford F-250. I use it to plow and tow my Kubota B2650 open station with loader and backhoe and rears filled with Rimguard on an 18 foot trailer weighing 2900 lbs rated for 7500lbs. I assume my 2650 weighs in around 4000 lbs? Could I use a 1/2 ton or should I stick with a 3/4 ton or 1 ton?

/ What truck to I need? #2  
With a weight distributing hitch you could pull that with a newer F150. Mine has 1940 lbs of payload and is rated to tow 9000 lbs. A half ton would do it, a 3/4 ton would be nice to. A 3/4 ton often doesn't cost much more if its a gasser but when I bought my F150 a year and half ago they just didn't have the incentives on 3/4 tons.

/ What truck to I need? #3  
Ya the half tons should be plenty for that weight and you will get a better ride when you're not towing..

/ What truck to I need? #4  
If I'm spending your money, I'd go 2019 F350 Limited 4x4 6.7PS. Should only set you back about $80K. :thumbsup:

/ What truck to I need? #5  
I asked the same question before buying my F350. I was right at the line with a F150 with the 2x4. (4x4 was over weight) If I wanted to haul a cooler I would have been over weight pretty much on the 2x. Not willing to chance it I went for the super duty. 250/350 cost difference was basically non-existent and there's basically no difference in the truck. I love it BTW.

A little off topic. So if you are indeed 4k + 2.9k then you have 600lbs left on capacity. Seems you're approaching trailer weight limit as well.

/ What truck to I need?
Yes I would agree. I have to watch it though I think I may be conservative with the tractor weight.

/ What truck to I need? #7  
A few times a year the half ton truck will be fine. If it’s a common occurrence I’d get the heavier one.

/ What truck to I need? #9  
I'm with them... all about frequency. The newer 150/1500 size trucks aren't what they used to be, and over here they don't check weights or anything unless you're obviously doing something stupid or are commercial.

myself I got a used and abused F350 crew cab long bed but it's whole job is towing, I might save $$ if I didn't have 4 vehicles for myself but each rig has it's purpose... and they're all paid off so only recurring $ is registration and insurance.

/ What truck to I need? #10  
I'm with them... all about frequency. The newer 150/1500 size trucks aren't what they used to be, and over here they don't check weights or anything unless you're obviously doing something stupid or are commercial.

myself I got a used and abused F350 crew cab long bed but it's whole job is towing, I might save $$ if I didn't have 4 vehicles for myself but each rig has it's purpose... and they're all paid off so only recurring $ is registration and insurance.

Exactly the way I do it.
Purpose vehicles.