What was I thinking a chainsaw forum in a Tractor web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / What was I thinking a chainsaw forum in a Tractor web site. #11  
   / What was I thinking a chainsaw forum in a Tractor web site.
   / What was I thinking a chainsaw forum in a Tractor web site. #13  
Now that's funny!

/ What was I thinking a chainsaw forum in a Tractor web site. #14  
I may be missing something, I often do but I have gleaned lots of useful chainsaw advice from posters over the years.

/ What was I thinking a chainsaw forum in a Tractor web site. #15  
:laughing: Just remember that you're the one who asked the question in this forum OP.

Now, a polite "thanks for your input, but I'm going to also look elsewhere" would've gone a long way for your own reputation.

/ What was I thinking a chainsaw forum in a Tractor web site. #16  
OP,
When seeking help, ideally I want someone who has had my exact problem to tell me precisely how they solved it in a way that I can understand. I've belonged to many groups and I AM AS GUILTY AS MOST of chewing the fat about my experience with a related issue that is of little use to the person seeking help. Most of the groups I've belonged to have taken on a social aspect as well as a technical one. This seems to contribute to the longevity of the group and is entertaining when we have plenty of time and get to know the members.

It was probably before I joined Tractor by Net that I realized I was lucky to get one useful reply in approximately six from a free group. It's frustrating to have to weed through all the useless responses when you need the problem solved immediately but when you hit pay dirt, it's well worth it. Even the (Ask a Professional) sites that you have to pay for take a while to reply and professionals make mistakes, too.
Good in luck finding a group that works for you. Sometimes Youtube works for me.
Stuck

Last edited:
   / What was I thinking a chainsaw forum in a Tractor web site. #17  
I need Skidder not a stupid farming or lawn cutting thing, and I sure don稚 know what I was thinking looking for chainsaw advice in this forum.
I am going to look for a Logging forum, that has real chainsaw people.
What was I thinking........not thinking I guess.:mad:

Didn't it all start when you mentioned your dealer told you he had 2 half million dollar chainsaw chain sharpeners in his shop?

Most figured the dealer was exaggerating a bit and mentioned that. Maybe you took it as a personal attack, when it was most likely a comment about the dealer.

Anyhow, after having been on this site for getting close to 20 years now, I've found that there are a lot of members with real expertise in certain areas that are very willing to give helpful advice. One of those areas is chainsaws. There's a few that make their living using them, and a few that make their living repairing them. Both of those groups have enough experience to know that there are probably no $500,000 chainsaw chain sharpeners sitting in any chainsaw retailer's shop, let alone 2 of them.

Best to let it go and move along. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.