What was the best dog you've had?

/ What was the best dog you've had? #1  

tomplum

Elite Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
Sure, this is like asking what is your favorite sandwich... I'm just hoping someone can spark something in our search for a new family dog. We are more small to medium size dog folks, but that doesn't matter here. Breed if you know it. What made him or her special to you.

/ What was the best dog you've had? #2  
I've had my fair share of dogs during my life.
My worst 'mutts' that I've encountered were little Chiwawa's that always bit my ankles.
The larger , like 'Police dogs' were easiest to tame and most obedient and easily trained.
Down side they ate more.
Smartest I've had was an Airedale.
(also their urine did not kill the grass)
Best were always a found 'mutt' that someone abused. Treat it lovingly and the rewards will be great.

Pound dogs are often a crap shoot!
Who knows how they were treated.

/ What was the best dog you've had? #3  
The one that has me now:
HPIM3220.JPG

Dottie, our 4th Dal!

/ What was the best dog you've had? #5  
I'm a lab fan, so automatically disqualified because of the size restriction. ;) I like the temperament, they tend to be great with kids and generally are easy to train and want to please you.

I was 5 yo in 1964 and missed the World Fair... but that chili dog sounds pretty appealing right now. 😛 .

(Dang, but I miss the old smiley gifs. :( )

/ What was the best dog you've had? #6  
The one I have now. ALWAYS the one I have now till the next one.

/ What was the best dog you've had? #7  
Best outdoor farm dog we ever had was a Collie mix. Great with kids, super loyal, kind of hairy for indoor dog. Still miss her!

/ What was the best dog you've had? #8  
The one I have now. ALWAYS the one I have now till the next one.
Yet it doesn't matter how many dogs you have. There are always one or two who were your dog, and set the bar for every pet before and after.

/ What was the best dog you've had? #9  
Labs for me too. Best breed I've ever had. They will turn themselves inside out trying to please you. Great family dogs, great temperament. They sure do shed though.

We have 4 at the moment. All rescues. Wouldn't trade them for anything. Youngest is 2, oldest is 15.

/ What was the best dog you've had? #10  
Alright....show of hands...
Who cried when they shot ’Ol Yeller?