What were you doing when you were 11 years old?

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #11  
At 11, I was playing shortstop on my Little League baseball team in Tampa that made it to the Little League WS in 1967.

It was a thrilling year as the STL Cardinals won the WS in 7 games with Bob Gibson winning the last game. He was my most favorite player. We lived in Tampa then but my grandparents lived in STL and we visited often.

My team did not fare as well.

But, it was a great age and year.

Now we live in STL but go to Tamia in the winter.

MoKelly

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #12  
I cannot remember.....

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #13  
Can't remember specifics, but more than likely down at the lake fishing, and looking for turtles.

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old?
At age 11 I was just trying to survive Scarlet fever. Thank goodness that Penicillin was already on the market then.
I have a sister that had that when she was 7 or 8. I was 1 or 2. She almost died. This was in the early 60's. Legend has it our family doctor spent several days at our house and got her through it. She has had life-long effects from it. She cannot sit still and rocks constantly. She overcame it and became a teacher, wife, mother, grandmother and all around quite successful person. (y)

Amazing and a great tune.
Let’s hope that youngster doesn’t end up like so many rock stars do.
One of my favorites, but tragic lives lost to drugs, was Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots.
I got to see him on my 33rd birthday. Man could they put on a show.
I hear you on that. I've watched quite a few of her youtube videos. She plays multiple instruments. Her parents seem pretty grounded. Hopefully she'll have a long and happy life. You can watch her videos and see she's just plain having fun right now. :)

At 11 I was in 5th grade legally speaking. I quit school after 3rd grade and attended only due to the law. ;)

I spent as much time as possible in my rowboat fishing and exploring our lake, or roaming the area investigating nature.

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #17  
Man I wish I had a childhood like you folks did!! At 11 I was dodging fists from my 4th step father.

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #18  
Man I wish I had a childhood like you folks did!! At 11 I was dodging fists from my 4th step father.

I’m sorry. That is really sad.

Looks like you’ve moved on and are doing well for yourself.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #19  
At 11 years old, I was pulling weeds in the rice fields. I did that from 10 years old until I graduated college at 20.

/ What were you doing when you were 11 years old? #20  
My sharecropper father died when I was 10 so at 11 I was helping in the fields with a 16 year old brother for a boss. Would you like to know what I think about hand outs for women raising kids because their fathers stay with another woman or other women?