What would happen ??

/ What would happen ?? #22  
An old neighbor did something very similar. He got tired of grass growing onto the edge of his driveway. So he mounted a saw blade to a horizontal shaft Briggs. It had two wheels on the side of the handle and by raising and lowering the handle it would rock the "trencher" so the blade could do it's job. It worked but boy did it make a mess. With no guards it was also not something you would want to be near. I think that lawn mower idea would work but I would look into a centrifugal clutch and a hand throttle with a spring to return to idle. May even want to put some chains or something dangling down on the sides and rear. Any rocks caught up in what you are cutting would turn into projectiles.

/ What would happen ?? #23  
I've been thinking about mounting a chain saw horizontally to a push mower or a push golf cart or a baby buggy. Or something.

/ What would happen ?? #24  
I tried a 16"? Circle saw blade on a 22" 3.5 HP PUSH MOWER a couple years ago to walk through brush in a woods. I had to cut out a big chunk of the deck for the brush to get to the blade. I found I had to, at least with mine, I had to hit the brush from the side and was very tiring on the body.

The mower would hit and snag a patch and bog down and kill. Not enough torque I guess. After cutting and struggling for 1/2 hour the high RPM blade went flying into the grass at the rear of the mower. That did it for me.

Then I grabbed the 45 HP tractor with a tooth bar and just puttered in the brush. I still think it's good idea and if I had a big enough HP motor with sustaining torque free, I would try it again.

Maybe you will have a lot better luck with a different type of wood. I had oak brush.

/ What would happen ?? #25  
That's it man...where did you find that?...

I think I would turn the starter handle away from the front though...!
This pic was posted in the ”stupid stuff” section on an Georgia based outdoor forum I‘m a member of. Looks exceedingly dangerous to me!

/ What would happen ?? #26  
An off the wall thought about a custom cutter...

Sorry about the ambiguous title...I'm curious if anyone has ever put a large 18"-20" circular saw blade on a regular push mower ??

I know how a blade head reacts on trimmer...

I'm wanting to cut a big patch of bamboo as close to the ground as possible...a chainsaw works great but it's as hard on the saw as it is on the operator working so close to the ground...

I figured I could modify a mower deck so the front of the blade was leading by several inches and set the wheels as low as possible...
Thoughts ??

Ok, so let's say you use a chainsaw.... NOW, after it's cut you have a jungle of sticks to pick up. Our bamboo is around 2" in diameter with some being larger and some smaller.....but 2" is probably a good average. About 30 feet tall and all the sudden it's quite a mess.

Had a patch that some here (wife, her cousin who lives next door) wanted down.....and HE was by chance going to rent one of those bobcats with the rotary drum in front of it. I don't recall what it's called but it's wicked.

His nephew spent the time on it but pretty much cut the bamboo down AND mulched it in place as he was cutting it. It was pretty amazing what that would do.

And then.......

The following season, we have NEW SPROUTS! The stuff is like the monster in a movie.....never seems to die. So for the last two summers, when the sprouts get up there, I simply take my 15' mower over them and mow them down.

Only other way I was thinking to get it down was to literally start driving into it with my full sized backhoe and bulldoze the stalks down and waiting until I had the mess to then figure out my next step.

Fortunately it didn't get to that as he rented that monster Bobcat.

So that gets a vote for me.

/ What would happen ?? #27  
I've a patch that was taking over the backyard. I wanted to eliminate but my son and family wanted to keep some. Because of the way it grew four wheel lawnmower size cutter wouldn't work and I couldn't use napalm in the county.
I found the best solution was a brushcutter, which I needed anyways.

/ What would happen ?? #29  
It was held on by a nut that came off. It did vibrate just before it decided to leave.

/ What would happen ?? #30  
I have a "chainsaw" blade that goes on a straight shaft weedeater. does an awesome job on heavy brush and briars, small trees. Doesn't seem to jam and yank as bad as the regular saw blade. I do use the guard, it is scary looking.