What Would You Charge For This Tractor Job?

/ What Would You Charge For This Tractor Job?
I never thought much about the insurance thing until you guys brought it up, you have be careful these days, even if someone hit my tractor on the road I suppose they could sue me because I'm driving an unregistered vehicle on a roadway..

/ What Would You Charge For This Tractor Job? #22  
If you are in that business and out in the snow anyway fine. If not, it's a commitment that you could not pay be enough for.

As for the $45, that's crazy cheap. On the one hand, I applaud someone that still does work at "reasonable" rates, but on the other it makes it hard for the guy that has to make a living.

/ What Would You Charge For This Tractor Job? #23  
I never thought much about the insurance thing until you guys brought it up, you have be careful these days, even if someone hit my tractor on the road I suppose they could sue me because I'm driving an unregistered vehicle on a roadway..

That's why I have my farm policy with my homeowners, I actually have comprehensive type coverage on one tractor and they both have liability on the road or working the cost was very nominal. I'm covered for free work as well as compensated. For a few hundred dollars a year it's well worth it, even if you are just working at the end of your driveway your hanging your butt out if not insured.

That's why I have my farm policy with my homeowners, I actually have comprehensive type coverage on one tractor and they both have liability on the road or working the cost was very nominal. I'm covered for free work as well as compensated. For a few hundred dollars a year it's well worth it, even if you are just working at the end of your driveway your hanging your butt out if not insured.

True, just clearing snow at the mailbox across the street is taking a chance..

/ What Would You Charge For This Tractor Job? #25  
Do what you can within reason. Tell her you can't keep her drive clear all the time but will do what you can when it's not freezing cold,, Ha if that's even possible.

It suck to be alone and an old woman too. JMO.

Do what you can within reason. Tell her you can't keep her drive clear all the time but will do what you can when it's not freezing cold,, Ha if that's even possible.

The problem is when they have plowed in the past the garage is in a weird location and very hard to plow, you really need something with a bucket be able to move it out of there, or a blower.. Very nice people, she bakes bread and brings some over and veggies from the garden, I talked to my buddy and explained the garage setup, he may be able to do it with his V-plow, he said if not he would shovel it for her real quick so she can get out..

/ What Would You Charge For This Tractor Job? #27  

She has a husband and isn't a widow or invalid or anything like that.

/ What Would You Charge For This Tractor Job? #28  
I set him up with my buddy that has all the equipment for driveway repair and snow removal because I'm moving to FL in the spring so he is going to have to figure something out anyway..

Do yourself a favor and stop and stay put either in Western part of North or South Carolina:D

Florida is just too dang hot, humid AND flat.

Do yourself a favor and stop and stay put either in Western part of North or South Carolina:D

Florida is just too dang hot, humid AND flat.

I like that area as well, my sister needs some help down there, she is alone with a big horse farm, she is handing me a piece of land so I can build, I wont have a mortgage which is very important at this point. It's gonna be hot no doubt.. I will need a tractor with air when I get there that's for sure.. My mother is 90 years old now and she stays with my sister down there..

/ What Would You Charge For This Tractor Job? #30  
When you reply "No" to the snow clearing because of lack of insurance coverage, it also eliminates your road grading....or it makes you someone real good at not telling the truth!

Glad you told the neighbor the truth, that you just don't want to do it, rather than passing the buck "I would if I could...but, you know, insurance...:confused3:" especially since you already work on his driveway. I hate weasels. Way to man up.

Reading your initial post I thought... wow only $45... you are giving way too good of a deal. Then I read that you "would also tell him if his wife needs me for any reason when he isn't home to call me", and I thought... OKAY maybe you are getting the deal! Then I read she is 70 years old. :laughing:
Is she a G.I.L.F. ? (use caution if you google that). :eek: :laughing: