What would you do ?

/ What would you do ?
Well. It’s official. We’re postponing until the weekend after Fathers Day. She even agreed that anything near 100 is crazy, much less 104…

Austin is just 20 mi S of MIL & it’s supposed to be 106 there, so it could even be hotter at her place. Thd high pressure cell is coming from Mexico and will sit on top of central TX. Hope the grid holds up…

/ What would you do ?
Think we made the right call…it’s gone up 2 degrees each day…Austin is heading to 108 and prob higher

Attachments

• B1389018-5EE4-4DF7-BD99-AD05D7BB9B3F.png
    B1389018-5EE4-4DF7-BD99-AD05D7BB9B3F.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
   / What would you do ? #15  
Go visit. Pay some locals (or split the cost with her) to do the work and you can supervise if you feel the urge. Plenty of locals in wide-brimmed hats that are used to the heat are out there pressure-washing and digging every day.

You don't need to kill yourself to be a hero . . .

/ What would you do ?
I agree Ohio. I really don’t mind doing the wk, even when it’s extremely hot (95-98), but 106 ?

It’s also a function of plant survival in triple digit heat. Ground is going to be hard & dry, and w those temps, the heat coming back up from the grd fries new installs that are not established…supposed to be 110-114 heat indexes too…bring on the rains !!!

/ What would you do ? #17  
I agree Ohio. I really don’t mind doing the wk, even when it’s extremely hot (95-98), but 106 ?

It’s also a function of plant survival in triple digit heat. Ground is going to be hard & dry, and w those temps, the heat coming back up from the grd fries new installs that are not established…supposed to be 110-114 heat indexes too…bring on the rains !!!

I get it. I remember my aunt's place in Tucson had colored gravel in the front yard because they couldn't keep grass alive through the summer. That was way back in the 60's. Can't imagine how restrictive water is now.

I've always been hard-core "do everything myself" -- just because I could. Starting to realize that I can't do it like I used to and it takes me longer than it used to. It's hard to find good help, but I'm not opposed to paying someone to do some of the grunt-work that I always did in the past.

/ What would you do ?
I agree 100% !

Never opposed to paying for the grunt work, as long as it’s done correctly and doesn’t cause me to back track when trying to move forward.

As the bones, muscles, cartilage and tendons becomes less cooperative, I find my “give-a-shxt” meter breaks down too, esp towards the end of the day. But in winter, I find working longer outside weekend hrs is much easier. My dad is from Ohio. Somewhere in my DNA, if being raised in the N, it would have worked well.

/ What would you do ? #19  
I'm sitting by the window right now ... I was planning to spray the hay field. Spent much of yesterday preparing the sprayer. BUT Mother Nature trumps my plan. Too windy... Don't want to kill the neighbor's flowers. :oops:

/ What would you do ? #20  
Your MIL and wife should understand putting off this task until your back heals and the weather cools down in a few months.
If your MIL needs the job done before that she can hire a landscaper.