What's a horse trailer weigh?

/ What's a horse trailer weigh? #1  

Pilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200
I am selling a '97 Ranger with a 4 ltr. engine, set up for towing. If have forgotten what it is rated to tow, but it is more than the 3,500 lb GW trailer I have.

A lady is interested and wants to tow a single horse trailer. What's a single horse trailer, with horse, of course, typically weigh?

/ What's a horse trailer weigh? #2  
Brenderup is the lightest that I am aware of. Per their website, a single horse weighs about 1300 with a gross of 2600.

Those numbers might be okay for some occasional local use. Beyond that I would want at least an F150.

Years ago I pulled a two horse stock type with tack room with an E150 Ford Van with a 302 engine. I do not remember the dry trailer weight. The trailer gross was around 6000-6300 perhaps. The handling was great! My van which normally handled like a cinder block flying through the air was stable with the trailer. The 302 was barely up to the task!

/ What's a horse trailer weigh? #3  
I have not seen a single horse trailer in a long time. A typical two horse as sold now days will be 2500 empty. My three horse goose neck is 5900 empty.