What's for supper???

/ What's for supper??? #3,001  
Texas Caviar / Tortilla Chips , pickled egg and a small block of extra sharp cheddar .

Last edited:
   / What's for supper??? #3,002  
^^ I have not made pickled eggs in a while, I should do that. I saw a recipe for beet pickled eggs, sounded interesting.

/ What's for supper??? #3,003  
OTT Chili, minced beef seasoned with cumin, coriander, garlic, little salt, black pepper then put on a rack over a sauce of tomato, onion, oregano, more garlic, chili, kidney beans then smoked with American Oak for 2 hours, removed and broken up and added to the sauce then continue to cook/smoke for another 2 hours.
It is one dog ugly looking dish but tastes great, we served it with some grated sharp cheese, sour cream and corn chips, was worth the wait.

Attachments

• OTT 3.jpg
    OTT 3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
  • OTT 1.jpg
    OTT 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • OTT 2.jpg
    OTT 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
   / What's for supper??? #3,004  
I managed to get another mouthful of gas today while trying to get my generator going, so whatever I decide to cook is going to have that wonderful "Essence of Petroleum" flavor.

/ What's for supper??? #3,005  
I managed to get another mouthful of gas today while trying to get my generator going, so whatever I decide to cook is going to have that wonderful "Essence of Petroleum" flavor.
You may have discovered a smoking deterrent that works...

/ What's for supper??? #3,006  
You may have discovered a smoking deterrent that works...
Could be. Too bad that I've never smoked so didn't need one.
The worst part is that the fuel still isn't flowing, I may have to pull the tank and clean it out.

/ What's for supper??? #3,007  
I don't smoke either but have had more than one mouthful of petrol, diesel yet still balk at spending $15 on a jiggle siphon

/ What's for supper??? #3,008  
I don't smoke either but have had more than one mouthful of petrol, diesel yet still balk at spending $15 on a jiggle siphon
I have one, and it works pretty good although the line gets stiff after a while. I am trying to figure out why the fuel doesn't gravity feed into the carb, on my generator. It certainly ran well when I tried to draw it through, and I'm still burping gas up.

/ What's for supper??? #3,010  
It's just me and Brownie( brown Cocker Spaniel) here at the house. I'm not a bad cook - just have limited abilities. So - last night........ thick slice of turkey ham, baked potatoes, boiled carrots. Special sauce - maple syrup with Rooster sauce for spice.

I think it boils down to - how much time do I really want to spend on food prep.