What's for supper???

/ What's for supper??? #3,071  
Love green Beans. Went shopping today and NONE in the shop. grrrr. Are they that seasonal?
We've never bought green beans in a store. They come from our garden and we can enough for all year.

/ What's for supper??? #3,072  
What variety is the canned green beans? The snap beans I plant don't look like that. Don't remember what variety mine are either.
Picked enough zipper cream peas last week to make a small pan for supper the other night to go along with mashed potatoes and hamburger steak.

/ What's for supper??? #3,073  
We had homemade brats on the grill with fried taters and fresh broccoli everything sourced from our farm

/ What's for supper??? #3,074  
Home made wheat bread toast and Nail Soup .

Attachments

• BREAD --WHOLE WHEAT --  10-24-2222.JPG
    BREAD --WHOLE WHEAT -- 10-24-2222.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 49
   / What's for supper??? #3,077  
We've never bought green beans in a store. They come from our garden and we can enough for all year.

I used to have a Cockatiel that loved green beans...when I would be in the grocery I would pick out a half a dozen or so nice beans...when I would get up to the check out if the cashier didn't know me I would get some strange looks...my stock reply was "yeah...I'm having company"...!

/ What's for supper??? #3,078  
I used to have a Cockatiel that loved green beans...when I would be in the grocery I would pick out a half a dozen or so nice beans...when I would get up to the check out if the cashier didn't know me I would get some strange looks...my stock reply was "yeah...I'm having company"...!
Every week I buy some kale at the grocery store. The checkout kids just look at it. Every once in a while, one will ask what it tastes like or do I like it, to which I reply "I don't know."

It's for our tortoise. ;)

/ What's for supper??? #3,079  
I've had kale that tastes absolutely amazing and kale (that I cooked) that tasted like it was cooked in an old gym sock.

I made a chicken stew last night, left-overs tonight. It was good yesterday, will be better tonight. Paired with a huge salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers.

/ What's for supper??? #3,080  
Paired with a huge salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers.
(y) I make huge salads every few days (enough for 2 or 3 days). Right now I am using up lettuce, fennel, cabbage, chard, carrots, cukes, etc. out of the garden. Keeps things moving.