What's for supper???

/ What's for supper??? #3,081  
This quart of peaches is expecting. I hope it has a big litter.

F32AE7FA-037B-415B-9ED4-3ACADE151EB6.jpeg

/ What's for supper??? #3,083  
Nope, I canned it from freak free peaches. Not to say the peaches on the other side of the jar may not have been frisky boys.

/ What's for supper??? #3,084  
Chicken breasts with carrots , onion and potato, with lemon pepper seasoning and slow cooked for 4 hours.

/ What's for supper??? #3,086  
I made stuffed pork chops with stuffed mushrooms, green beans, and rice.
(wife had to take a call, so it had to sit for 45 minutes, got a bit wrinkled, but still tasty).
Click it to blow it up.

78D49712-0A7F-470C-943C-CE6CB9FC5172.jpeg

/ What's for supper??? #3,087  
Stuffed mushrooms
- Get a box of mushrooms.
- Clean and remove the stems.
- Chop the stems finely.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of minced fresh garlic.
- In a small frying pan, brown the chopped stems and garlic in your favorite olive oil.
- Removed from heat and set aside to cool (I put mine in the freezer for a few minutes)
- When cool, transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add one 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese.
- 1/4 teaspoon each of ground black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper.
- Mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Stuff the mushrooms and place in a Pammed glass baking dish.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.

Stuffed Pork Chops
Same recipe as above.
- Slice a pocket into a pork chop and stuff it with the filling.
- Place the pork chop in a Pammed glass baking dish.
- Spread some of the stuffing over the pork chop.
- Bake at 425 until internal temp near the bone hits 145 degrees.

If I want to cook the mushrooms at the same time as the pork chops, I put the mushroom dish on a rack below the pork chop dish and cook them all for the same amount of time until the chops hit 145. Being below the chops dish keeps the mushrooms from burning.

Kinda little kick with the black and cayenne pepper. Pretty tasty.

/ What's for supper??? #3,088  
Some times, I just want to be on a bluff again, when I was 11, over looking a river, in the evening, with a small fire, and only a can of German Bread and a can of SpaghettiOs. Best meal I've ever had.... Then, later, I had to become an adult...something was lost. And as much as I want to, this would not be acceptable fare to offer a guest now. :)

Last edited:
   / What's for supper??? #3,089  
Some times, I just want to be on a bluff again, over looking a river, in the evening, with a small fire, and only a can of German Bread and a can of SpaghettiOs. :)
That reminds me of a Boy Scout survival camp I went to as a kid. It was cold. Wet heavy snow collapsed all of our tents overnight. One tall kid had his feet sticking out of the tent and got frostbite. We were all shivering and miserable. My friend Jeff Jones, from the wrong side of the tracks, tapped me on the shoulder and motioned for me to follow him. We walked well into the woods, and climbed inside a hollow tree trunk that was probably 4' in diameter inside, and broken off about 15' up. We started a little fire and he pulled out a pack of smokes and a can of ravioli. We cut that lid off and heated it up in the can and ate it with our Scout knives. We were so cold and that hot ravioli was Soooooo goooooood! I honestly thought it saved my life! 😬

When I got home from that camp, I asked my mom to buy me some because it was Soooooo gooooooood!

It was not. :ROFLMAO:

I was just so cold that it felt like the best thing on earth at the time. Put a good perspective on things for me at an early teen age.

/ What's for supper??? #3,090  
Pork chops, zipper cream peas, spinach, and cornbread. Of course, a Miller Lite.
I like to put quite a bit of season all salt and sometimes a little onion powder or a little bit of Saltgrass steak seasoning on the chops, sear one side in my stainless skillet lightly oiled, then flip, cover, and simmer til done. Remove from skillet and make a pan of gravy. The peas came out of my garden last week. I like to dice some bacon and onion and sauté. Add peas and chicken broth and butter and cook close to an hour. Spinach was Del Monte. Also used bacon, onion, and butter on it. Cornbread was a store bought mix. Mighty tasty.

Attachments

• 8998EDEC-74E0-41F4-BFF4-E7B76D87022A.jpeg
    8998EDEC-74E0-41F4-BFF4-E7B76D87022A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65