What's going on with Mazda?

/ What's going on with Mazda? #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Got a call from the Mazda dealer last night wanting to know if we would sell our 3 year old Mazda CX 5. Never heard of anything like it; excuse was they were selling like hot cakes and they couldn't get enough of them, even at auctions. Why am I very suspicious?

/ What's going on with Mazda? #2  
Just a gimmick to get you to the dealer to buy a new car. The dealership contacted us a few years ago about the wife's car. There was some demand for the car so they were not lying but it really was just a gimmick to get us to the showroom.

Later,
Dan

/ What's going on with Mazda?
Just a gimmick to get you to the dealer to buy a new car. The dealership contacted us a few years ago about the wife's car. There was some demand for the car so they were not lying but it really was just a gimmick to get us to the showroom.

Later,
Dan

Ahah! Thanks for that. I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was up. I did some look-up on the internet, and there seems to be a lot of them available, although the prices did seem on the high side.

/ What's going on with Mazda? #4  
It is a common practice among dealers of most brands. I get an ad in the mail about once a month which is supposedly from the local Toyota dealer wanting to buy my truck back. The mailing address that it is sent from is Cedar Rapids, IA which is over 1000 miles from here.

/ What's going on with Mazda? #5  
I get them all the time. They appear to come from a local dealer. Now how much demand could there possibly be for an 11 year old Explorer with 90K miles. Just a ploy to get me back in the showroom.

/ What's going on with Mazda? #6  
I treat everything I get in the mail, email and on my phone as a scam. Even my bills, but so far, I'm still giving them money every month!!!

/ What's going on with Mazda? #7  
We bought a new Dodge Grand Caravan in 2013 which has been a great vehicle. Since then We have gotten several of such calls and letters from the dealership. The first couple didn't bother me but then I started asking to be removed from their list. They kept calling so I started blocking their numbers.

I got another call from them about 2 weeks back. I had a discussion with the guy who said he had only been there two weeks. He assured me that he was noting in my file to not call. I told him that he could delete my file because I would not ever do business with them again. I blocked that number too.

I just don't understand why a dealership would drive their customers away with unwanted sales calls.

/ What's going on with Mazda? #8  
It is a common practice among dealers of most brands. I get an ad in the mail about once a month which is supposedly from the local Toyota dealer wanting to buy my truck back. The mailing address that it is sent from is Cedar Rapids, IA which is over 1000 miles from here.

The return address doesn't mean anything. They hire a company to do mailings. Big deal. So the company doesn't happen to be local. Big deal.

We bought a new Dodge Grand Caravan in 2013 which has been a great vehicle. Since then We have gotten several of such calls and letters from the dealership. The first couple didn't bother me but then I started asking to be removed from their list. They kept calling so I started blocking their numbers.

I got another call from them about 2 weeks back. I had a discussion with the guy who said he had only been there two weeks. He assured me that he was noting in my file to not call. I told him that he could delete my file because I would not ever do business with them again. I blocked that number too.

I just don't understand why a dealership would drive their customers away with unwanted sales calls.

Sounds like they need to be educated about the Do Not Call rules, assuming you have registered your phone on the Do Not Call list. If you have, best way to educate a company like that is to file a formal complaint, which is very easy to do.

/ What's going on with Mazda? #9  
What happens after a formal complaint is filed?

/ What's going on with Mazda? #10  
What happens after a formal complaint is filed?

:laughing:

You already know the answer to that one.

:laughing: