What's happened to Craigslist?

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #111  
Just sold a small tool box full of tools and a lot of four CB radios on Craigs list in the last couple of days.
Some other stuff I've had posted for months and never got a call.

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #112  
Sold a mill/drill in the space of 2 days recently. Some other stuff that was less easy- like very used trailer tires/rims took a couple months to get rid of them all. And I just bought my used Bridgeport via CL...which is why I sold the mill/drill. I refuse to give FB any of my time due to their politics and censorship.

/ What's happened to Craigslist? #113  
My biggest issue with FB market place is how they sort the ads.

I like to look in "garden" section or "tools" section under the "home and garden" category

C-list would always sort by date.....newest listings first if you didnt use "search" function. And even if you used search on C-list....default was by relevance...but you could still switch back to "date".

I just pulled up garden section in FB market place.....First 12 listings...
1. about a day ago
2. over a week ago
3. about a day ago
4. 18 hrs ago
5. 2 days ago
6. about a day ago
7. 9 hrs ago
8. 16 hrs ago
9. 10 hrs ago
10. 12 hrs ago
11. 3 days ago
12. 20 minutes ago

I hate that. I like to browse C-list daily or so. So I know when I scroll down and get back to stuff I saw yesterday, I am done and have seen all the new listings.

Why FB wont sort, or give option to sort is beyond me. As a seller.....how do you know if your ad is gonna be one of the ones less than a day old and clear at the bottom? Or why some get lucky and have posts over a week old sitting at spot #2?
I'm in FM as we speak. There is a sort tool on the left side of the screen for me: Recommended, Location, Date and Price. I don't have an account, I have to have my wife contact the seller if I'm interested in anything.

Last edited: