What's happened to Shield Arc

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #11  
Hi guys, thanks for all the concerns! :thumbsup:
I just have not been feeling really well lately. As a lot of members here know I drove piling on the water. I worked from Alaska to Southern California. February of 1994 I was working on Bainbridge Island. Making a pick with the derrick, pad eye broke, the rigging blew through the safety latch on the hook of the crane, and hit me in the back. Drove me face first into the deck of the barge. Shattered my face! Then the rigging drug me off the barge into 35-feet of water. Helicopter ride to the trauma center in Seattle. Brain surgery, and neck surgery. Now I have 7-plates holding my forehead together. Missed 6-months work, went back to work as a non-working foreman, then I got promoted to superintendent. Worked 8-years after getting hurt, until my health got so bad I had to quite working. So, as you can imagine, I have a lot of health issues. But, hey I'm still here.

Silvic it does get old, being as I started welding school when I was 14-years old. And made a very good living as a welder.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc
Shield Arc,
Thanks for checking in. I was afraid you were welding on that big job up in the sky. Stuck

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #14  
SA thanks. Learned a lot since I started here 2012. Appreciate what you have done. Will spend more time on WW.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #15  
SA, Glad to hear you are OK, I have learned from you as well. and besides the fact you are one of the "good guys". I hope you stay around a long time.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #16  
As a welding “hack” and self taught novice, I’ve always noticed how helpful and kind he is to share his knowledge. I’ve read so many of his posts here, and have always been impressed with how he offers great advice with such humility, never in a condescending way that experts often do. So Shield Arc, I’ve never met you, but you deserve all the respect and concern that so many of us feel towards you. Hope you start feeling better soon! And thanks for sharing with us your expertise!

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #17  
Dittos. Probably hard to fathom the number of welders - like myself - that he's helped indirectly just by reading his posts here. Never had the privilege of meeting him, but he seems like a great guy as well.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc
I'm always dreaming of upgrading to one of Mark's more advanced welders and when I consider one, I have to go back and see what Shield Arc said about it.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #20  
Carl, happy to know you are still kicking around. I sold that place in Olalla and now live in a subdivision in Port Orchard, off of Salmon Bay. to t. Down to an old AC Buzz box. Not welding much. Still have the tractor. Give me directions to your place again and I will come visit. I may need a piece of that steel back you got off me. I still go he church there at Phillips and Mullenix.

Ron