What's happened to Shield Arc

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #221  
His encouragement taught me to weld.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #222  
I hope he knew how many caring friends he had on this board.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #224  
His threads were always full of something useful. I always read what he posted whether it be weld bends, his old Lincoln engine drives, to testing other welding machines. He's probably the best "hobby" weldor out there. May he RIP.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #226  
   / What's happened to Shield Arc #228  
Thanks for posting the obit,I didn't know about his injury and thought his condition was due to age . To echo others,he was so generous and patient in sharing knowledge with any that asked.

/ What's happened to Shield Arc #230  
I don't recall which site I read it on, but many years ago they were lifting some gigantic thing on his job site and something broke like a lifting eye. The cable and hook smashed into him and threw him in the bay. Somehow they managed to get him to dry ground in time to save him but he was very badly hurt from that. Afterwards I believe he had supervisor roles and no more line work due to his disability from the accident. Someone can correct me if they know the history better, but that was the gist of it. I find it amazing he was ever back to work at all after something like that, but it seems he was that kind of man.