what's my 425 with 40 loader + 54" worth?

/ what's my 425 with 40 loader + 54" worth? #1  

jeff658

I just bought a 2305 with a 200cx loader.
I need to sell my 1997 425 with 40 loader + 54" deck. it has just over 300 hours, wheel weights, suitcase weights, chains. Should i try Ebay or craigslist and what do you think i should ask?

thanks
Jeff

/ what's my 425 with 40 loader + 54" worth? #2  
:welcome:

$4000 plus would be my guestimate.

/ what's my 425 with 40 loader + 54" worth? #3  
I have owned this very same unit...and mine had low hours on it too. I recently gave it to my son-in-law along with a two-stage snow blower. Sounds as though you have a very low-hour machine to sell. That 425 is one of the best LGT's Deere made.

I believe that if your 425 looks real nice....then just the tractor and mower is worth $3500. "+" to some homeowner with a lot of grass to mow. I would add $1500 for the loader and call it $4995. if I were selling it. You may have to accept something less.....but a Deere dealer had told me that people would stand in line for that tractor/mower/loader combination. Not too many of those loaders around in a garden tractor. :thumbsup:

One thing about those units....is that almost anyone can drive 'em to mow the lawn (wives, kids etc). Same cant be said for a SCUT or CUT. ;)

OH....and I would try Craigs List.....as I have had good luck with them.

/ what's my 425 with 40 loader + 54" worth?
Thanks beenthere, looks like lots of good people and information here.

Foggy your good Dad!
I can relate to your tagline.

5K is what i was thinking, i have a couple of neighbors that have said if you ever want to sell it...
I guess i will find out if they were serious before i post it on craigslist.

I will be sad to see it go.

/ what's my 425 with 40 loader + 54" worth? #5  
If you separate it The loader is worth around 2000. I have sold two of them on ebay for that general price. A local auction sold a 425 this week with all wheel steer and 250 hrs for 5500 dollars. I though it would sell for about 3500 and be a good deal. Bottom line shoot for six grand with that low of hours.

/ what's my 425 with 40 loader + 54" worth? #6  
If you separate it The loader is worth around 2000. I have sold two of them on ebay for that general price. A local auction sold a 425 this week with all wheel steer and 250 hrs for 5500 dollars. I though it would sell for about 3500 and be a good deal. Bottom line shoot for six grand with that low of hours.

Maybe so...... I have an original Mickey Mouse watch that is supposed to be worth several hundred dollars. Problem is nobody comes forward to pay what its worth. :laughing:

I believe your right about splitting the tractor and the loader....but then you have two things to sell.....and you need to sell both at an optimum price....and it may be hard to sell one without the other? Most buyers prefer the all wheel steer models, however the all-wheel steer tractors don't work with a loader (so I assumed he has two wheel steer).

In short, you can try to get more money.....but I'd bet you would still be holding out for buyer(s) in 90 days....and the mowing season would be over.

just my added 2 cents. ;)

/ what's my 425 with 40 loader + 54" worth? #8  
That is a really good price. I think it will go fast.

/ what's my 425 with 40 loader + 54" worth? #9  
Nice Machine.

My dad is in the market for this type of set up or going to a CUT. But a nice 425 like this one could sway him. Has the cam gear been changed to metal gear on your 425?

Will

/ what's my 425 with 40 loader + 54" worth?
Will,

No the motor is original the only thing that has been changed was the Time Delay Module.

Jeff