/ What's my F3990 worth? #11  
72 inch side discharge as stated lol

/ What's my F3990 worth? #12  
Are all F3990 4wd ?
I didn’t ask dealer if his was

/ What's my F3990 worth? #13  
Are all F3990 4wd ?
I didn’t ask dealer if his was

Kubota USA spare parts listings for F3990 show only 4x4 model - nothing for 2 wd.

/ What's my F3990 worth? #14  
When I was looking at purchasing a F series last year, I learned that the majority are 4WD only. Kubota generally made the smallest model in the series available in 2WD only as an economy model but I don't think these are that popular given the relatively small cost and weight difference.

I ordered the smaller unit (F2690) in June but I wanted 4WD; it isn't needed often but there are times where it is critical. There is one roadside ditch where I have always mowed part of it with my Deere 955 compact in 4WD with the steering wheels turned quite a bit to keep the tractor going straight. I haven't tried the F2690 on that short section net and I may keep mowing it with the Deere.

With the F series, it is either in automatic 4WD or locked in but you can't lock out 4WD. I just mowed for the second time with my F2690 on Friday and if it has engaged 4WD I haven't noticed; not sure if the dash indicator lights up if it self-selects 4WD or if the indicator only comes on when it is manually selected.

Rodger

/ What's my F3990 worth? #15  
When I was looking at purchasing a F series last year, I learned that the majority are 4WD only. Kubota generally made the smallest model in the series available in 2WD only as an economy model but I don't think these are that popular given the relatively small cost and weight difference.

I ordered the smaller unit (F2690) in June but I wanted 4WD; it isn't needed often but there are times where it is critical. There is one roadside ditch where I have always mowed part of it with my Deere 955 compact in 4WD with the steering wheels turned quite a bit to keep the tractor going straight. I haven't tried the F2690 on that short section net and I may keep mowing it with the Deere.

With the F series, it is either in automatic 4WD or locked in but you can't lock out 4WD. I just mowed for the second time with my F2690 on Friday and if it has engaged 4WD I haven't noticed; not sure if the dash indicator lights up if it self-selects 4WD or if the indicator only comes on when it is manually selected.

Rodger
Mine doesn’t.
I have found the locking differential does an amazing job of un-stucking my F-3680.

IMHO, the F-3990 needs the 100” deck to really justify its power and weight. Even my 3680 would run a 100” deck.

/ What's my F3990 worth? #16  
Id never buy a 2wd with my steep hills & banks lol

I sure wished the F3990 was available with a 84” single deck & the old 100 inch bat wing version.

/ What's my F3990 worth? #17  
Mine doesn’t.
I have found the locking differential does an amazing job of un-stucking my F-3680.

IMHO, the F-3990 needs the 100” deck to really justify its power and weight. Even my 3680 would run a 100” deck.
Interesting,

When I was trying to find information I ran across the Kubota dealer catalog which showed the Fxx80 series 2006 and 2008 product sheets and in those, the 3680 is 4WD only and only the smaller HP models in those years were available with an E suffix in 2WD only.

Deere was similar when I ordered my compact utility tractor in 1995, the 755 and 855 had optional MWFD but it was standard for the 955 I bought.

Rodger

/ What's my F3990 worth? #18  
Interesting,

When I was trying to find information I ran across the Kubota dealer catalog which showed the Fxx80 series 2006 and 2008 product sheets and in those, the 3680 is 4WD only and only the smaller HP models in those years were available with an E suffix in 2WD only.

Deere was similar when I ordered my compact utility tractor in 1995, the 755 and 855 had optional MWFD but it was standard for the 955 I bought.

Rodger
Oh, mine is 4WD. I was simply adding the locking diff makes a big difference

/ What's my F3990 worth? #19  
Oh, mine is 4WD. I was simply adding the locking diff makes a big difference
OK, I misunderstood! And I agree that the diff lock makes a huge difference. I use that often on my Deere compact, that plus 4WD makes using a blade in snow work much better.

Rodger