What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug?

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #11  
I had it installed when I purchased the tractor just in case I needed it. Today i took a7-way to 4 flat adapter out of my truck and attempted to push it into the Kioti plug. No go, not even close.
Does anyone have any info on the plug they put on? There must be some sort of additional plug I need to purchase.

Illini22, did you get this sorted out? Did a Kioti dealer install your connector? I'm curious about the initial installation, because I thought (but am not certain) that the Kioti OEM trailer-connector accessory kit used the round 7-pin road configuration, for which the adapters are avaiable (i.e., not the ag type you evidently have).

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #13  
just google for >anhaengersteckdose 7 polig< and the use google translate for what details you need

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug?
Illini22, did you get this sorted out? Did a Kioti dealer install your connector? I'm curious about the initial installation, because I thought (but am not certain) that the Kioti OEM trailer-connector accessory kit used the round 7-pin road configuration, for which the adapters are avaiable (i.e., not the ag type you evidently have).

Three point, i had the dealer install the plug when purchasing the tractor (along with remotes). I never was able to find an adapter to fit this unique plug. Amazon has this same plug for sale (I forget the brand) but no adapters to go to a four flat or to a more traditional 7-way. I ordered a 7- way flat plug and will either cut this on off and remove or splice it in and have both.

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #15  
Three point, i had the dealer install the plug when purchasing the tractor (along with remotes). I never was able to find an adapter to fit this unique plug. Amazon has this same plug for sale (I forget the brand) but no adapters to go to a four flat or to a more traditional 7-way. I ordered a 7- way flat plug and will either cut this on off and remove or splice it in and have both.

Sounds like a plan. Splicing would be good if you have the space for two connectors. If you haven't done so already, I'd sure check with the dealer to find out exactly what applications the connector he installed is intended for. Then let us know, because I'm now very curious! :confused: The best I can figure is that it's an older style vehicle-side connector used in the UK called "12N". Here is a link to a page showing a photo of the matching plug on the trailer side. Wiring diagrams for 7 pin 12N 'N' type trailer lights caravan towbar tow bar plugs sockets

Whichever way you go, be sure to check each wire in the existing harness with a test light to confirm its function before you wire in the new 7-pin RV-style connector. The pin locations and wire colors won't be of much comfort.

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #16  
Looking at the same issue. Tractor to tow/move RV’s short distances. Tractor side connector is a Hella 7 pole round pin ( one pole being oversized compared to other 6). Still standard plug size of 1 5/8”.
Kioti factory order and $150 plus.

/ What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #17  
That is NOT an ag plug. My Kubota DMC and all my friends new Deere tractors have ag plugs. They are SAE J560.

Attachments

• qu27196_800.jpg
    qu27196_800.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 78
   / What's up with the Kioti 7 pin trailer plug? #18  
10/4 to that. Now I need to start a thread on my steering cylinder? I ripped the boots on both sides.
There was a thread a few years ago about Kubota boots that might fit.