Whats wrong with my EHSS TC55DA - Jerks into gear with clutch pedal

/ Whats wrong with my EHSS TC55DA - Jerks into gear with clutch pedal #1  

shaley

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford '92 2120
Hoping other owners can help.
My EHSS jerks into gear like you are popping the clutch when using the inching pedal/clutch pedal. If you start from neutral and move the FWD/REV lever into FWD and do not use the clutch the machine makes a smooth take-off. Same for REV.
It may be the pedal position potentiometer of the EHSS module. I measured the pin voltage on the EHSS in order to test the pot and there was no voltage. Is there another way to test the pot itself. Is this just a wire wound pot that I can measure resistance on?

/ Whats wrong with my EHSS TC55DA - Jerks into gear with clutch pedal #2  
Hoping other owners can help.
My EHSS jerks into gear like you are popping the clutch when using the inching pedal/clutch pedal. If you start from neutral and move the FWD/REV lever into FWD and do not use the clutch the machine makes a smooth take-off. Same for REV.
It may be the pedal position potentiometer of the EHSS module. I measured the pin voltage on the EHSS in order to test the pot and there was no voltage. Is there another way to test the pot itself. Is this just a wire wound pot that I can measure resistance on?

Glad you posted this!
My son has the same tractor with the same problem.
Waiting on suggestions/answers.

/ Whats wrong with my EHSS TC55DA - Jerks into gear with clutch pedal #3  
There are some related threads listed down along the bottom of this page. I remember some of the discussions, and it is usually a frayed or poorly adjusted inching pedal cable, or a bad potentiometer. Also could be moisture and/or corroded connections on the potentiometer.

/ Whats wrong with my EHSS TC55DA - Jerks into gear with clutch pedal
Turns out the potentiometer is just a 3 wire, pot that can be measured with a Ohm meter.

/ Whats wrong with my EHSS TC55DA - Jerks into gear with clutch pedal #5  
Did you get it figured out Shaley? I have this same tractor, I had to replace the cable and potentiometer several Yrs ago but it's been good since (I hope 🙀)