/ Wheel Bearing Failure #11  
   / Wheel Bearing Failure #12  
you can change the ball bearings to roller just do
some research. I would op for timken bearings

On a dodge pickup the front wheel bearings are
over $125 each and you just need to pull the
bearing out and replace it and reinstall

willy
You sure? Roller bearings are usually wider then ball bearings dimension wise. I know you cannot on the Kubota's I own, asked the dealer about just that. Won't fit width wise.

/ Wheel Bearing Failure #13  
I should have said to cross the name brand numbers
to a different company. Older model cars/trucks and
tractors need the ball bearings not roller.

willy

/ Wheel Bearing Failure #14  
The issue is, most all of the smaller units use caged ball bearings in the outboards instead of roller bearings. Rollers distribute the loads much better than ball bearings.
On rollers better than balls. Back in the late 50's my daddy had a '56 chevy with balls and my mother a '51 Ford with rollers. The chevy was always having front bearing problems and the Ford never did. Same reason.....same guy maintaining and servicing them....me.

/ Wheel Bearing Failure #15  
I changed it to read to what I should have
said. You can cross reference the numbers
from one company to another to get the same
size etc

willy

/ Wheel Bearing Failure #16  
Something else you might do is get rid of the THD fluid in the front axle and install gear oil. There is some history behind what I say.

/ Wheel Bearing Failure #17  
Just got my R4047 back from the dealer. Seems like the front wheel bearing or housing may be a weak link on these tractors. His notes on the repair bill:

"Oil leaking near right front wheel. Remove wheel, oil leaky at axle, play in axle bearings, check left side, seems tight. Remove outboard planetary hub. Disassemble hub/axle. Outer bearing broken and collapsed, seal damage. Damage on hub and axle at outer casting rib. Clear up damage (burrs), clean all parts, assemble hub with new bearings and seal. Clean metal from center axle right end. Install hub and wheel. Fill with oil. Run and check."