Wheel spacers for Toolcat

/ Wheel spacers for Toolcat #1  

Bronze Member
Tractor
Still searching
Does anyone make wheel spacers for Toolcats? I use drove one for the first time. Solid machine, though I would prefer just a touch more stability.

/ Wheel spacers for Toolcat #2  
Should be no problem being that the newer ones are a 6x5.5 bolt pattern. The suspension makes it feel like it is tippy but I was surprised at how much weight I had hanging to one side (tree in grapple) and it stayed planted. Tractors have no suspension so the feel different.

/ Wheel spacers for Toolcat #3  
Any wheel spacer will work if it is the right bolt pattern and center hole:
six lug.jpg

Or for 5 bolt:
Bolt Pattern.jpg

I never felt like they were needed, maybe it is the suspension that you are not used to:

P9250008.JPG
Pic1003016.jpg

Last edited:
   / Wheel spacers for Toolcat #4  
You would have to measure tire clearances F/R because of the AWS. The 29" tires will have less room and the big turfs are 2"wider and will have even less.

/ Wheel spacers for Toolcat #5  
Love to find spacers for my narrow Mitsubishi.
(preferably at reasonable price)
While I've checked around, I'm surprised that nobody recognizes the SAE specs that I give them.
(From my parts manual I get them to be W8 X 18 rims.)

Heck I can't ship a rim 1/2 way across the country simply to get a quote. (plus I have only 2 rims and they have tires mounted and live on my tractor)

/ Wheel spacers for Toolcat #6  
Also, one thing to mention. Spacers on a solid axle like a tractor does not adversely affect suspension geometry as they don't have suspension. The Toolcat has independent suspension with A-arms so moving the tires more outboard would change the leverage applied to the A-arms. Being that the Toolcat can lift 3000 lbs and do that while traveling over rough terrain, I would really be careful with spacers. You would be adding more force onto the A-arms, ball joints, tie rods, and stop pads that carry that load. Just my $.02

Last edited: