Wheel weights 1725mb

/ Wheel weights 1725mb #1  

Skeletor

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1725mb
Hey guys I picked up a 1725mb a few months ago. I got rimguard in the tires but I’d like to run some wheel weights as well for additional traction when moving firewood around. When I look for used weights is there a bolt pattern I’m looking for? Can they fit from other tractor brands? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve asked my dealer twice about getting me new weights and it seems like he’s not interested after I bought the tractor unfortunately. I got the I’ll get back to you twice now.

/ Wheel weights 1725mb #2  
If it's traction and not stability, might want to look at changing the tires. You already have loaded tires with a backhoe, adding wheel weights will have very limited effect. If you are operating without the backhoe on, a weight box is an excellent option.

/ Wheel weights 1725mb
If it's traction and not stability, might want to look at changing the tires. You already have loaded tires with a backhoe, adding wheel weights will have very limited effect. If you are operating without the backhoe on, a weight box is an excellent option.
I’m new to tractoring. I wasn’t sure the weights would help a ton but I figured it might be worth a shot. I haven’t taken the backhoe off yet since I got it. I do have a 4ft box blade I bought that’s still on the skid from 3 months or so ago. I’m not really lacking traction I just thought the more weight out back would help when lifting at firewood at capacity With the forks. Thanks for the reply.

/ Wheel weights 1725mb #4  
Just a guess but seems like the backhoe would weigh about as much or more than the firewood. I would test it first before spending the money or making the tractor work harder needlessly. Good luck.

/ Wheel weights 1725mb #5  
Adding more weight may not make you able to lift more with FEL or increase traction, the BH should be enough counter balance....... Hydraulics are going to max out and not lift loaded FEL no matter if you add wheels weights or not.... I have a GC 1715 and if I run with out any rear weight I can lock FEL under heavy object and hydraulics cause rear of tractor to lift... BUT if I add my 500-600 pound ballast weight (actually might be more than I need) on rear, FEL hydraulics just bypass and relief valve growls a bit and says "it ain't going to happen".... At some point to much weight starts working against you and is useless... And all the weight in the world does not seem to do a lot for traction when all tractor does is sit in same spot and dig holes under all four wheels if you it in situation where its jammed and can't move... Yes I have done that and had to get Jeep to pull tractor out of hole(s), and it was dry ground... Got so intent on what I was doing with the FEL I did not realize I was digging myself into a hole...

Your 4 ft. box blade may not weigh more than the BH... So changing them may just be a wasted exercise...

Also if you have owners manual for the 1725 it should have a section on using rear weights to counter balance loads in FEL...

NO not photoshopped, the 510 pound JD wedged into FEL

20190513_134020-jpg.678087

20190513_134501-jpg.678088

500-600 pound ballast weitght

20190513_134544-jpg.677106

Last edited:
   / Wheel weights 1725mb #6  
redneck towing company strikes again LOL

/ Wheel weights 1725mb #7  
Just remember, anything past the rear axle (Fulcrum) takes weight off the front tires. Loaded tires and wheel weights won't.

/ Wheel weights 1725mb
Just remember, anything past the rear axle (Fulcrum) takes weight off the front tires. Loaded tires and wheel weights won't.
Good point!