Ballast Wheel weights for B3030

/ Wheel weights for B3030 #1  

BandDcabinet

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, B3030, B7100
Has anyone used a set of wheel weigts on the B3030? Not sure if Kubota makes a set. Any alternative suppliers?

I would like to use them in the winter for snow removal and remove them in the summer when I am mostly on the lawn.

Thanks for your thoughts

/ Wheel weights for B3030 #2  
I looked at every possible options for mine and I didn't see any Kubota wheel weight. For alternative suppliers... I don't know.

I'll blow next winter with it and I'm pretty sure I won't need any more weight. But my snowblower is rear mounted and I have a FEL. If yours is a front one then maybe a 3PH conterweight could do the job... or you may want to put a spreader on the 3PH for salt or sand. If you keep it full it's pretty heavy.

Do you intend to plow? How do you plan to remove the snow?

/ Wheel weights for B3030
I have a Curtis 6 ft power angle plow loader mounted using the Kubota quick attach. I ran lines from the rear remote up the loader arms to work the power angle. I installed a second set of disconnects near the quick attach so that I can drop the plow off and pick up the bucket without removing the power angle hydraulic lines. The only issue I have is the lever that works the rear remote. The plastic plate that snaps into the fender when the valve is installed falls out on a regular basis. The dealer said he would talk to Kubota about a fix. Said I could glue it in place and he would replace the assembly if it needed to be removed.

I currently use a B7100 to clear the drive and about 2000 feet of sidewalk. The B7100 works fine except for the wet "greasy" snow if you know what I mean. Then you spin... Not sure how the B3030 will behave. I have looked around for tire chains. I would prefer not to use them. I do have a cement 3 pt counter weight (about 600 lbs) Thought the wheel weights would be out of the way if I wanted to use the 3 pt hitch. Maybe I'm just wanting... candy as I believe you call it. You have a fine looking machine. What lights are you considering?

D

/ Wheel weights for B3030 #4  
Ok, I understand now. Plowing is much more difficult than blowing that's for sure.

I have the same problem with the plastic plate for my remotes. It falls out all of the time... grrr.

About lights... I already have 2x 55W halogen flood patern lights (not installed yet) and I want 2 more for a total of 2 rear and 2 front (the tractor front lights are useless). I'll take pics of the project (as many other TBNers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ). I would have need my 2 rear lights last week when I was digging behind a shed. It was a sunny day but I was digging along the north side of it and it was pretty dark.

/ Wheel weights for B3030 #5  
I do not believe that <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> offers weights for the wheels used on B3030 or previous models that use the same wheels.
Here is what one TBNer did for weights on his tractor. Click Here.
Putting a weight box or heavy RB on your tractor may be the best counter weight you can use. My B2910 has no problems with a Curtis 6'6" blade.

/ Wheel weights for B3030 #6  
That cover for the rear remotes keeps falling off mine also. At least now I know I'm not the only one. I was going to glue mine on but I figured that I might need access so I decided against it. I finally spent some time using the backhoe this past week, and man does it vibrate. There is no way that it is normal. My BX22 purred like a kitten in comparison. It got to the point where I had to get off the tractor and take a break from the vibrations. The tractor works and performs great however. I called the dealer and he told me that he hadn't had any other complaints. Well I have had mine for a couple months and I only called to complain now. So I think they will get more calls in the future. If I get any feed back from them I will let you guys know.

/ Wheel weights for B3030 #7  
BandDcabinet, what did the dealer charge you for the remote/s? If I get the 3030, I'm wondering if they're worth the$$.
Sorry to get off the subject, but has your steering wheel vibrations gotten better/worse?