Ballast Wheel weights

/ Wheel weights #1  

gvw

Silver Member
Tractor
JD4700
Cowboydoc! As I recall somewhere in a seperate post you indicated that you had 600 lbs of wheel weights on you 4600. How did you acomplish that? My dealer is indicating that the weights come in 100+lb increments - did you stack 3 per rear wheel? Would you still do that? Your thoughts please.
GW

/ Wheel weights #2  
gvw,
Yes mine are stacked three per wheel. I haven't had any problem with it all and yes I'd do it again. Dealer says you can go three on each wheel no problem. I lift 2000 pound round bales with mine and needed all the weight I could get. I probably should have gotten a bigger tractor but I had the massey and I wanted something smaller like the skidsteer that I could get in and out of my alleys, stalls, and pens for the animals. This little thing works great. I couldn't be happier. The dealer tryed to talk me into the bigger tractor too but I stayed with this one and am glad that I did. It does far and above what they say it will do and it doesn't even act like it's working.

tractorpic.jpg

/ Wheel weights
Cowboy - can't remember - do you have R-1' or R-4' tires ?? Also - what wheel/rim setting did you wind up with?
Thanks
GW

/ Wheel weights #4  
GW,
I have the R4's and I went with the widest setting that I could go on mine. I have alot of hills and needed the stability and I needed the room to put chains on. I'm not sure what you would call the setting or the width. I can measure when I get home tonight if you want though.

tractorpic.jpg

/ Wheel weights
Thanks for offering to measure but I can wing it - I'm not going to set mine all the way out - will go about 3/4 of the way or I think it is shown in the manual as position 4. Thanks again from the bumpy country.
GW