Wheelbarrow tires going flat

/ Wheelbarrow tires going flat #21  
As a bicyclist I have a lot of experience with tubes. Most are made in Asia; I'll buy Taiwanese or Singaporean but not Chinese or Indian. The weight weenies seeking the lightest equipment available and who don't mind pumping their tires up every day buy tubes that are so thin they are permeable. The manufacturers were quick to learn that more tubes from the same amount of rubber equals more $$$.

You may be able to find a larger size tube that will fit your wheelbarrow tire and have a thicker wall and be less permeable when inflated.

/ Wheelbarrow tires going flat #22  
I've had tubes added to tubeless tires on two different WBs at a tire store with good results. Maybe real tire stores have better tubes?

/ Wheelbarrow tires going flat #23  
Like Cyledude, I have used slime in small tubed tires with good success. I have had a couple of Harbor Freight hand trucks since I don't remember when. Every few years I have to put a little blast of air in the tires.
As far as the quality of rubber goes, I don't think where it is made is a sure tale sign of quality. It probably has more to do with how it is made and how much you are willing to pay. The Chinese, Indians, Taiwanese, or Americans are all capable of making quality or making crap.

/ Wheelbarrow tires going flat #24  
Why would anyone ever think they were going to change out a wheel barrel tire? Fill it with what ever goo, run flat, you want, done, forever on the life of that wheel barrel. :)

/ Wheelbarrow tires going flat #25  
Tubes can get tiny holes in them. You can dunk the inflated tube in water to find the leak.

Don't forget to check the inside of the tire and the rim for whatever caused the puncture. In my extensive experience with bicycle tires, when a tube is defective it rips open and it's real obvious what happened. Tiny holes are from punctures. The thing causing the puncture can be small and hard to find.

/ Wheelbarrow tires going flat #26  
I have good luck with Slime. Some sizes you can get a tube for as well that also is helpful. Solids and the semi-solid squishy type flat free ones both have their drawbacks

/ Wheelbarrow tires going flat #27  
Green (or other colors) slime works pretty good, even on the tubed tires. They make "special" stuff for tubed tires (why?). My wheel barrel tires have been good, but NOT the hand carts...

/ Wheelbarrow tires going flat #28  
8 years ago, I had a kubota t1600hst mower whose tires were so cracked, you could almost see the air through them, but the treads were still good.. They would get get soft every couple of weeks. I bought a liter of slime, and put it in all 4 tires. I later sold it to my neighbor, and he says that he has never had to air up the tires.

/ Wheelbarrow tires going flat #29  
Why is it that small wheels with inner tubes keep going flat?

One of our wheelbarrows with a 13" wheel, with inner tube, just won't hold pressure. I've removed the tube, inflated it, and it shows no leaks. The valve does not appear to leak. But after re-assembly and inflating to 30 psi, next morning -- flat!

What's the go here?
That is why I replaced the tires with polyurethane. They will outlast the wheelbarrow.

/ Wheelbarrow tires going flat #30  
I'm kind of giving up on small air tires and going to solid where possible. I've done a retrofit on one wheelbarrow and getting ready to do it on another.

Side question .... Anybody using the dual wheeled ones? They look like they'd handle more load, but not corner as well.
I use the dual wheel ones for firewood, 10 cubic feet capacity. No cornering problems.