When did computers and common rail injection start being standard on Kubotas?

/ When did computers and common rail injection start being standard on Kubotas? #11  
If they happened at the same time, then you have answered my question, thanks!
You are welcome.

Almost all Tier IV pollution reduction involves cleaner computer controlled fuel combustion within 'new' engines engineered to meet Tier IV standards.

By January 2013 all the pre-Tire IV desirable models were sold........in my part of Florida.

Last edited:
   / When did computers and common rail injection start being standard on Kubotas? #12  
You are talking about emissions, you just don't know it. Common rail engines wouldn't exist if it were not for emissions requirements.
I don't agree with that. I can think of several reasons for common rail that have would exist without emissions regs.

A big one is that using a common rail for base mechanical rail pressure and then adding electric solenoid plungers controlling individual injectors has some nifty advantages. Electric-over-hydraulic gives you higher injection pressures - always a good thing, more precise injection quantity, and better control over timing. Results are easier diagnostics and a big efficiency boost everywhere.

I'll agree that emissions are improved anytime combustion is improved, but that's a side benefit.

BTW, that attachment is a great history of the Tiered emissions regulations. Thanks for the link.

rScotty

/ When did computers and common rail injection start being standard on Kubotas? #13  
Whether you agree is immaterial. Where specifically was common rail technology used in the absence of emissions regulation? Dreaming up reasons something COULD have happened doesn't count.

/ When did computers and common rail injection start being standard on Kubotas? #14  
Whether you agree is immaterial. Where specifically was common rail technology used in the absence of emissions regulation? Dreaming up reasons something COULD have happened doesn't count.

High end stationary generator diesels the world over. Some marine Yanmars.
In transportation:
Early 7.3 litre Ford diesels - late 1994 & 1995.

/ When did computers and common rail injection start being standard on Kubotas?
I guess my main interest is knowing when they got computerized enough that a reader was required to unlock things to work on the engine, common rail or no. As I shop for a used machine, it's something I'm thinking about, but tractordata.com isn't detailed enough to talk about computer controls.

Thanks for all the responses so far, I keep on learning!

/ When did computers and common rail injection start being standard on Kubotas? #17  
I'm not familiar with the larger models, but there a good chance the year will vary, all of the smaller utility and CUT's that I know of didn't switch until tier4 final was implemented.

/ When did computers and common rail injection start being standard on Kubotas? #18  
Trucks got it in the mid 90s. Tractors got it later. I doubt there’s a definitive date for everything but it was when they started with the latest emissions stuff.
Cummins powered Dodge Ram trucks must have been late to to the party, because the first year common rail was 2003.

/ When did computers and common rail injection start being standard on Kubotas? #19  
Cummins powered Dodge Ram trucks must have been late to to the party, because the first year common rail was 2003.
I own a 2007 Dodge with Cummins common rail injection. Before I owned a 1999 24v Cummins. Without a doubt the common rail system performs better and has far cleaner emissions.

/ When did computers and common rail injection start being standard on Kubotas? #20  
I guess my main interest is knowing when they got computerized enough that a reader was required to unlock things to work on the engine, common rail or no. As I shop for a used machine, it's something I'm thinking about, but tractordata.com isn't detailed enough to talk about computer controls.

Thanks for all the responses so far, I keep on learning!

The use of common rail and/or fuel control computers really is all over the place.
Part of the problem with trying to define it by year is that tractors are built not by year but by model run. So a 2005 tractor might be the last of a model run from 1995 to 2005 and largelyexempt from emissions, or the first in a series that would be expected to run from say 2005 to the implementation of full tier IV emissions say in 2013.

So our hypothetical 2005 model could and would have very different controls....usually but not always because of emissions regulations.

Or it could be a "definition beater" like the 2007 Kubotas built to meet Tier IV interim standars specifically with the use of Exhaust Gas Recycling i.e. EGR valves.

So I'd say if you want simplicity either stay prior to 2000, or else look at each model individually.
rScotty