When hauling a cab tractor, what's the chance a rock breaks a cab window?

/ When hauling a cab tractor, what's the chance a rock breaks a cab window? #51  
My luck has always been… if it can happen, it will happen. And it usually does.

/ When hauling a cab tractor, what's the chance a rock breaks a cab window? #52  
mine traveled 600 miles fine.

/ When hauling a cab tractor, what's the chance a rock breaks a cab window?
Here's the final answer. The tractor went on backwards, had cardboard taped to the windows and then the cab and cardboard wrapped with that HD plastic wrap used to wrap pallets. Mirrors turned in and everything stayed put.

The driver was a younger but experienced driver who took it easy and avoided risks. 1200 miles later tractor arrived safe and sound. Happy endings are good.

Thanks to all. (y) (y)

/ When hauling a cab tractor, what's the chance a rock breaks a cab window? #54  
FWIW, I live just 3 miles from a Kubota "mega dealer". Flatbed trailers with new Kubota tractors & excavators pass by every day with no glass protection at all. I guess they don't see it as a big issue.

Still, better be safe than sorry and I'm glad it worked out for you!

/ When hauling a cab tractor, what's the chance a rock breaks a cab window?
FWIW, I live just 3 miles from a Kubota "mega dealer". Flatbed trailers with new Kubota tractors & excavators pass by every day with no glass protection at all. I guess they don't see it as a big issue.

Still, better be safe than sorry and I'm glad it worked out for you!
Yeah, the owner would have been some upset to break a $1200+ window. On a risk/reward basis some things are better to hedge in case your guess is wrong. Twenty minutes of time and $25 is a better bet than any lottery.

A broken window would be bad memories for the rest of their lives while a happy ending gives happy thoughts for the same length of time. That's why when I do something stupid and break equipment, I immediately fix to OEM with OEM parts and paint or I'll never get over it.

I used to lift my B7800 Kubota and belly mower with a 100 hp Deere to change the blades. Until one day I caught the hood with the edge of the bucket and you know how that worked out. I bought new OEM parts, fixed to OEM standards and haven't thought of it again till just now.

Last edited:
   / When hauling a cab tractor, what's the chance a rock breaks a cab window? #56  
Yeah, the owner would have been some upset to break a $1200+ window. On a risk/reward basis some things are better to hedge in case your guess is wrong. Twenty minutes of time and $25 is a better bet than any lottery.

A broken window would be bad memories for the rest of their lives while a happy ending gives happy thoughts for the same length of time. That's why when I do something stupid and break equipment, I immediately fix to OEM with OEM parts and paint or I'll never get over it.

I used to lift my B7800 Kubota and belly mower with a 100 hp Deere to change the blades. Until one day I caught the hood with the edge of the bucket and you know how that worked out. It's been 15 years and I haven't thought of it again till just now.
The dealer wouldn't loose much sleep over a broken window but as you say, it's a different story for the owner.

/ When hauling a cab tractor, what's the chance a rock breaks a cab window? #57  
Yup. For them it is a risk for the insurance company. Too few consider that a minor inconvenience to them is a bigger deal to the person that bought the tractor and now has to wait for the glass to be replaced. It 'never' happens, until it does. We have a bunch of laws to prevent things that happen far less often. (Not suggesting we have one for this)