Grappled! (y)
P4090011.JPG

Took it to the burn pile.
P4090017.JPG

Un-grappled!
P4090019.JPG

Last edited:
   / When is a Tree Puller a Grapple? #2  
What exactly is that? Is it like a hand? If it is, I'm sure operating it would make it seem like the hand of GOD! lol That would be really handy for cutting down hawthornes. Because no matter how you cut them, they fall on you. So you could grab it, put some upward force on it, and cut it off with a chain saw without worry.

Nice brush pile. Sad note though. How do you make sure that no animals have nested in there? I have burned such piles routinely, and have found the remains of snakes for instance. I hate snakes but would not wish being burned alive on any living creature. Well, maybe I could make an exception for politicians and lawyers!

/ When is a Tree Puller a Grapple?
What exactly is that? Is it like a hand? If it is, I'm sure operating it would make it seem like the hand of GOD! lol That would be really handy for cutting down hawthornes. Because no matter how you cut them, they fall on you. So you could grab it, put some upward force on it, and cut it off with a chain saw without worry.

It is a long arm tree puller. Buckthorn Puller - Custom built Skid Steer attachments to fit almost any need you may have.

P6140013.JPG

P6140015.JPG

Check this thread for it's normal use: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/277824-tree-puller.html#post3444397

Nice brush pile. Sad note though. How do you make sure that no animals have nested in there? I have burned such piles routinely, and have found the remains of snakes for instance. I hate snakes but would not wish being burned alive on any living creature. Well, maybe I could make an exception for politicians and lawyers!

They have always left when the fire starts.

This is one from two years ago, same spot.

P5060066.JPG

P5060071.JPG

/ When is a Tree Puller a Grapple? #4  
NICE FIRE!

The Gurl Guides would be happy!

So is that thing supposed to rip things out of the ground? Would they have not been better to put the cylinder out to the side to keep the pull closer to the machine? I know, around here, it takes a lot of power to rip even a small tree out of the ground.

NICE FIRE!

The Gurl Guides would be happy!

So is that thing supposed to rip things out of the ground?

Yep, it is a tree and post puller.

P4020012.JPG

Would they have not been better to put the cylinder out to the side to keep the pull closer to the machine? I know, around here, it takes a lot of power to rip even a small tree out of the ground.

They make them that way also.

__5769526.jpg

Buckthorn.jpg

/ When is a Tree Puller a Grapple? #6  
This really makes me question how different types of ground affect the possibility of ripping a tree straight out of the ground. I have seen ads of farm tractor loader V type attachments ripping 3 or 4 inch trees out of the ground but around here that don't work! What do you figure your lifting capacity at the pinch point?

This really makes me question how different types of ground affect the possibility of ripping a tree straight out of the ground. I have seen ads of farm tractor loader V type attachments ripping 3 or 4 inch trees out of the ground but around here that don't work! What do you figure your lifting capacity at the pinch point?

It would be over 5,000 pounds, but for big trees I have to extend the boom while lifting, curling up and driving forward. Drawbar pull is 7,000 pounds, boom breakout force is 6700 lbf, bucket breakout force is 4700 lbf.

I tried to measure max lift here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/bobcat-construction-equipment/275747-v417-max-lift.html

/ When is a Tree Puller a Grapple? #9  
I wonder how well it would pull out bamboo. I would rather try to pull it out instead of cutting it close to the ground. This way it wouldn't leave short stalks sticking up from the ground that could cause problems.

/ When is a Tree Puller a Grapple? #10  
Do you have to pre-dig around the tree? Or do you just drive up and rip it out? Awsome attachment !