When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary?

/ When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary? #1  

Samwise

Tractor
Kubota BX2370
_Not_ hydraulic hoses. i am getting ready for my 200 hour service and I see half a dozen different hoses from radiator to fuel line to power steering line to various air hoses / lines should all be replaced at 2 year intervals (I am at 6 years). Ok you say SIX years. but none of these hoses look or feel soft / bulge / etc. I don't recall this kind of maintenance on an automobile. surely these hoses are just as good as those. Good to find out the price of all these I suppose.

If i don't it may be a while since all the fluids come out to replace the hoses.

/ When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary? #2  
Use your own judgement and common sense. My L3830 is a 2006 with 870 hrs. Other than fluids and filters many times it has had the battery replaced after 13 years. All the hoses are original. I did change the fan belt but it really wasn’t bad.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary? #3  
It's not an airplane or the space shuttle. When hoses fail is plenty soon enough for replacement unless you see something of concern or as part of a related repair.

/ When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary?
Yeah that is what I thought - I see front tie rod boots have to be replaced however and that is not on the service interval chart <shaking head>.

Tnx guys

/ When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary? #5  
I’ve had my L2650 for 26 years and have about 2100 hours on it. I’ve replaced two hoses but only because they were damaged by me. But I did have to rebuild my first bucket cylinder two months because it developed a leak. I’ve changed the hydraulic fluid once. So, I agree with the others - wait for it to break or show serious deterioration.

/ When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary? #6  
Bought my first tractor ( Ford 1700 4 WD ) brand new in 1982. ALL hoses were still in fine shape when I traded it in 27 years later. 2009 - I upgraded to my current Kubota M6040.

/ When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary? #7  
I well take your old one and pay for shipping.

/ When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary? #8  
_Not_ hydraulic hoses. i am getting ready for my 200 hour service and I see half a dozen different hoses from radiator to fuel line to power steering line to various air hoses / lines should all be replaced at 2 year intervals (I am at 6 years). Ok you say SIX years. but none of these hoses look or feel soft / bulge / etc. I don't recall this kind of maintenance on an automobile. surely these hoses are just as good as those. Good to find out the price of all these I suppose.

If i don't it may be a while since all the fluids come out to replace the hoses.
FWIW: I bought a new B1750HSD in 1994.

It gets, very good maintenance, is stored inside, is not abused, and still has ALL original hoses, fan belt, etc.

SDT

/ When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary? #9  
I understand preventative maintenance, but the 2 years for radiator hoses in our owners manual is quite ludicrous. It's not a life safety system. Antifreeze does bad things to your liver if you or critters drink it, but it's not the worst thing in the world. I'll do everything in my power to keep it out of the environment if it leaks. But I won't wory about preemptively replacing hoses. I just inspect under the hood regularly. I end up cleaning the radiators every 8 hours in some cases with all the dust. Inspect hoses when I do that.

/ When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary? #10  
I have had my BX24 since 2004 and have not replaced any hoses yet.

But to answer your original question:

When is Hose Replacement on BX Really Necessary?​

When they are spraying fluid faster than you can pour it in.;)

Doug in SW IA