When ws this 5610 tractor made??

/ When ws this 5610 tractor made?? #1  

rabet

Tractor
ferguson
Hi all,
Can any one help with information as to when this tractor was made.
Ford 5610 III 4 wheel drive
Serial number BC19420
Model LA414D
Unit 9H31B
Engine 206805 9H30
Transmission 9H29B
Hyd pump 9H24B
Hyd lift 9H30B
Front axle 709/19 F56 /0011340 Ref number 122965

This is a machine that is up for tender, has been used by the local council and meter showes 1798, I assume hours. It has been standing for the past 6 years and the reserve price is very low around 1500 USD.
I have spoken to the last person who drove it and information is, needs new :- battery, fuel primer, clutch, rear brakes need replacing, PTO switch.
I am sure there will be more.
I have been told that the front axle is the same as 6610.

This is the type of machine where the gear shift levers (2)are situated just under the steering wheel on the right hand side (not as conventional on gear box)
Is it worth chasing this machine?? are they bullet proof ??

I only have 2 days to put in tender price, what's it worth?????

Hoping someone can help

many thanks
Rabet

/ When ws this 5610 tractor made?? #3  
Apparently The New Holland name started appearing on the tractors in 85. I didn't realize it was that early.

A friend and neighbour had a 5610, bought new back then. He didn't manage to destroy it and that says something.

I suspect, it's a good, well built tractor. LOW hours, if that is accurate. If you have access to parts and/or someone to repair it, it might be worth getting. No loader? I would prefer that.

It is HARD to find an older high quality LOW HOURS tractor. I would even consider something like that, except, I know people would be all over that.

/ When ws this 5610 tractor made??
Hi Industrial Toys,
Thanks for your reply, and yes it does have a front loader, the bucket is about 6 to 8 feet wide.
Parts I can get from West malaysia, and I can repair it myself, I only need to find a parts book, and that is NOT easy out here in the jungle!!

Rabet

/ When ws this 5610 tractor made?? #5  
Hi Industrial Toys,
Thanks for your reply, and yes it does have a front loader, the bucket is about 6 to 8 feet wide.
Parts I can get from West malaysia, and I can repair it myself, I only need to find a parts book, and that is NOT easy out here in the jungle!!

Rabet

Please let us know if your tender offer is successful.

/ When ws this 5610 tractor made?? #6  
Here is wishing you success. That is a NICE sized tractor if you ask me.

/ When ws this 5610 tractor made?? #7  
Thats interesting about the gear lever placement. I had a 5610 FWA with Dual Power. Duals front and rear. It was an awesome trouble free tractor. Good luck with your bid.

Post pics if you get it.

Edit. Just found a pic of mine with duals off.

Adjustments.jpg

Last edited:
   / When ws this 5610 tractor made??
Hi all,
Yes I will let you know if I am successful with the tender. You never know, might be lucky.

Can anyone translate all the other codes for more detail??

Rabet

/ When ws this 5610 tractor made?? #9  
Look at Noveau Redneck's pdf:
Nouveau Redneck's Cosmopolitan Workshop

Model LA414D
LA4 = 5610, Agricultural All Purpose, 256 cubic inch
1 = Diesel
4 = Independent PTO, 540 rpm
D = ?

Transmission type "D" is not in the list.

Date codes are |Last digit in year|Letter for month|Day of month|Shift (not always given)|
The date codes follow the same system as this (see under "Production codes"):
FORD CODES and SERIAL NUMBERS

So, the tractor is assembled (Unit 9H31B): August 31 during Day shift, 1989.
The rest of the date codes (9HXXX) are all for August 1989.

New Holland Online Parts Catalogue:
5610:
Official New Holland Online Parts Store and Online Parts Catalog for New Holland and Ford Tractors.

There is also a "(5610S) - 4 CYL AG TRACTOR (LA) (1/86-12/09)" in the listing when you search for "5610":
Official New Holland Online Parts Store and Online Parts Catalog for New Holland and Ford Tractors.
That one is not mentioned in the pdf.
Tractordata.com has a New Holland 5610S, but that is a later model than yours:
Tractordata 5610S
and is probably "(5610S) - 4 CYL AG TRACTOR (12/93-12/04)" in the Parts Online Catalogue.

If the tractor was sold new in Malaysia (or other part of Asia), there might differences when it comes to parts and equipment.

/ When ws this 5610 tractor made?? #10  
Hakan Th, very good stuff. Thanks for posting all that information!!!