Where can I buy the 3 pt part of an implement?

/ Where can I buy the 3 pt part of an implement? #41  
I agree with blucoon, that being said,I have 2 TSC stores within 10 minutes of me,neither one carries any tractor equipment other than maybe some belts and a few filters.Mostly pet stores and cheap patio furniture for sale. Wanted to get a ratchet rake and carry all last week,they had no idea what I was talking about,the parts guy didn't even want to look it up on their own website.Guess I'll have to make a few things for myself too.

/ Where can I buy the 3 pt part of an implement? #42  
Mr HE, Although I have the capability to build one from scratch I wanted to start with something known or standard and go from there as I worked future projects. Honestly the biggest reason for wanting a prefab kit was I have 4 implements and each of them has a different span and size.. I was looking to hopefully find a standard. ;) Live and learn I guess.
If it's a different span and size, it may just be a different class hitch: these are standardized measurements. There's several different ones depending on the HP of the tractor, and the required HP to run the implement. Just pick the biggest one that your tractor could run and go with it. I really think I'd build it myself, and normally do: it's just usually easier and "cleaner" to just build it from scratch than to it is to adapt something.

/ Where can I buy the 3 pt part of an implement? #43  
Mr HE, Although I have the capability to build one from scratch I wanted to start with something known or standard and go from there as I worked future projects. Honestly the biggest reason for wanting a prefab kit was I have 4 implements and each of them has a different span and size.. I was looking to hopefully find a standard. ;) Live and learn I guess.

There's something wrong there. That spacing is all pre-defined and specific to the category, you have some likely ****** or old implements if they are all notably different. The only thing that can vary a bit is the top link hole that's not part of the QA standard.

If that's the case also, probably only one of them (the one with the correct dimensions) would work with quick attach. So, if you insist on using something pre-built, ensure it's the correct. Otherwise, it's quite simple if you can fab an implement to fab the hitch portion... and the dimensions are readily accessible so you know you'll build it right.

imatch_dimensions-implement.jpg

/ Where can I buy the 3 pt part of an implement? #44  
There's something wrong there. That spacing is all pre-defined and specific to the category, you have some likely ****** or old implements if they are all notably different. The only thing that can vary a bit is the top link hole that's not part of the QA standard.

If that's the case also, probably only one of them (the one with the correct dimensions) would work with quick attach. So, if you insist on using something pre-built, ensure it's the correct. Otherwise, it's quite simple if you can fab an implement to fab the hitch portion... and the dimensions are readily accessible so you know you'll build it right.

View attachment 423007
Why would there be something "wrong"? Tractors can generally take more than one category, with the exception of the cat. 1 only ones. Spacing, height of the top link, etc. will all vary depending on the category of the implement's hitch.

/ Where can I buy the 3 pt part of an implement? #45  
Why would there be something "wrong"? Tractors can generally take more than one category, with the exception of the cat. 1 only ones. Spacing, height of the top link, etc. will all vary depending on the category of the implement's hitch.

He said he cannot duplicate it because he has 4 implements, each which has different 3-point dimensions. He has a Cat 1 tractor, which means it would be able to take a 1 or 0 implement. If all 4 have different pin widths, something is wrong because there aren't 4 standards to match up with, right?

/ Where can I buy the 3 pt part of an implement? #46  
Before quick hitches, there was little effort to match specifications. I suspect sizes were designed to reduce waste. A couple of inches off one way or another made no difference.

Bruce

/ Where can I buy the 3 pt part of an implement? #47  
He said he cannot duplicate it because he has 4 implements, each which has different 3-point dimensions. He has a Cat 1 tractor, which means it would be able to take a 1 or 0 implement. If all 4 have different pin widths, something is wrong because there aren't 4 standards to match up with, right?
Actually, there's five standards: he probably won't see the class IV, but it's out there. It also may be something that has the link points adjustable to match different categories; that may very well result in some non-standard dimensions.

One way or another, it makes more sense to me to just build one to spec for a suitable category for the tractor, and be done with it. It's not rocket science.

/ Where can I buy the 3 pt part of an implement? #48  
Actually, there's five standards: he probably won't see the class IV, but it's out there. It also may be something that has the link points adjustable to match different categories; that may very well result in some non-standard dimensions.

Sure. And there's the 2-point hitch, square receiver hitches, clevis, sleeve, pin, etc blah blah blah. I stuck to the two possibilities for the implements for his tractor.

One way or another, it makes more sense to me to just build one to spec for a suitable category for the tractor, and be done with it. It's not rocket science.

Exactly. The dimensions are easily found and the geometry incredibly simple!

/ Where can I buy the 3 pt part of an implement? #49  
Sure. And there's the 2-point hitch, square receiver hitches, clevis, sleeve, pin, etc blah blah blah. I stuck to the two possibilities for the implements for his tractor.
!
That whole line was really more aimed at just emphasizing that there's a standardized method to the madness of all the different sizes he's got, not just being argumentative about the possibilities or lack thereof: He may very well see something that is set up for a 2 or 3, which had been adapted, hacked on, or whatever to manage to hook it to that tractor; there's also adjustable hitches on occasional implements, etc.: I've got stuff that was originally set up for a class III that five bucks' worth of bushings allowed use with my Class II tractor. All of which just goes back to don't worry about it, build it for what he's got instead of searching for something that, even if it does fit, quite probably isn't as durable as something you can make yourself..

/ Where can I buy the 3 pt part of an implement?
Thanks for the help and guidance guys.. Good discussion for sure.. I have purchased one of the recommendations from above. to use to mount the tool set to. and I am thinking of modifying all of my implements to one Cat 1 standard.. As BCP said its not that I couldn't do it but I'm noobie enough to tractors that I didn't know that they weren't always standard.. Here is what I am up against

7ft box blade with "captured" lower mounts.. Not sure what else to call it but the lower arms go between the two pieces on either side of the pin. Actually I like this one the best and since it fits my tractor I had thought about making everything about it my new "standard" but as this thread has shown there is a way to do anything and everyone has their own way..

8ft set of disks. Extremely wide pin spacing.. Almost doesn't fit my tractor.. Maybe one of those times where the previous owner downsized the pins on an implement.. I do not know.. I just bought as back then I hadn't even found this site. and I was able to pick it up :)

6ft Woods Bushhog.. Has a very small pin spacing width. Probably the smallest of all things I have out there.. So small that my lock pins on my lower arms are all the way in.

Older auger.. Somewhere between the disc set width and the box blade..

So although most of you are "old" hat at this I thank you for the insight. I know I could have made the mounts and for sure will in the future. But I not only wanted to do it right.. I also wanted to learn what I could before doing it at all.