Where did Rotella Gas Truck Oil go?

/ Where did Rotella Gas Truck Oil go? #1  

deerefan

Veteran Member
Tractor
1952 8N, 2005 JD 5103
I read/watched some tests and reviews on this oil and switched our trucks to it a year or so ago. Tractor Supply used to have it, now they don’t. I checked Autozone, OReilly, Advanced and even Walmart. No where to be found. I am in Louisiana by the way. Where did it go? 🤷‍♂️. Good oil at a great price. Went to Mobil 1 Synthetic for this oil change.

/ Where did Rotella Gas Truck Oil go? #2  
I just checked NAPA and,though our local store does not stock it,they can overnite it from Chicago or Grand Rapids,etc.
Show 99+ in stock.
Maybe try them?
Good Luck!

/ Where did Rotella Gas Truck Oil go? #3  
Depending on the 'weight' and demand most places won't stock every brand in all of them. I wanted to find 20w-50 called out for my ZTR's HG 3100s. Only one store had any and only in conventional.

Amazon? .. if you ever do biz there or if a friend who does will order for you. Not sure they'll have the weight you seek but they might. Any Shell dealer might be able to order it. I'd check with truck stops too.

/ Where did Rotella Gas Truck Oil go? #4  
There’s always lots of variety at AMSOIL. I order today and it’s on my doorstep in one or two days. Sometimes there’s free shipping specials and I stock up. Dutchy

/ Where did Rotella Gas Truck Oil go? #5  
Rotella always seems to have good prices. Think it's a hydrotreated oil, Group III maybe IV. M1 and Amsoil are higher level and a bit higher in price.

I've an Exxon retiree; so I tend to go with M1 stuff since I know from our research people that it was the best. Never really heard of Amsoil. Either they didn't test it or didn't make much noise about it. Can get 0w30 M1 ESP from Advanced Auto online.

/ Where did Rotella Gas Truck Oil go?
Rotella always seems to have good prices. Think it's a hydrotreated oil, Group III maybe IV. M1 and Amsoil are higher level and a bit higher in price.

I've an Exxon retiree; so I tend to go with M1 stuff since I know from our research people that it was the best. Never really heard of Amsoil. Either they didn't test it or didn't make much noise about it. Can get 0w30 M1 ESP from Advanced Auto online.

Because of time constraints, I went with Mobil 1, which is a great oil. Just bummed that I cannot get the Rotella Gas Truck anywhere local. Good oil for a great price.

/ Where did Rotella Gas Truck Oil go? #7  
Shell oil products have been in short supply due to manufacturer issues this year. I heard about the coming shortages and bought about 10 gallons of T6 5W40 since I use it in so many engines (not just tractors). Luckily that should last me about 2+ years.

/ Where did Rotella Gas Truck Oil go? #9  
Local Walmarts have been out of Rotella for awhile.

/ Where did Rotella Gas Truck Oil go? #10  
Bigfoot?