Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid?

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #41  
My county has free hazardous waste drop off events several times a year and the take all oils, filters etc.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #42  
The trash dumps take it so people dont dump it out on the road somewheres.
The end result of stricker dump rules is that people leave the buckets/jugs somewhere. It just ends up left on the side of the road, or in a dump in the woods. I'm all for not dumping crap in the woods, but push come to shove, I'm going to get rid of it some where. I'm willing to jump through a couple hoops, but not too many, ans certainly not willing to pay a dump fee. Look at used tires; dump wants to charge $5/tire; people will just go down a empty dirt road, and they are the counties problem then... Not condoning it, just stating facts.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #43  
The recycle tanks at our landfill takes it.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #44  
The end result of stricker dump rules is that people leave the buckets/jugs somewhere. It just ends up left on the side of the road, or in a dump in the woods. I'm all for not dumping crap in the woods, but push come to shove, I'm going to get rid of it some where. I'm willing to jump through a couple hoops, but not too many, ans certainly not willing to pay a dump fee. Look at used tires; dump wants to charge $5/tire; people will just go down a empty dirt road, and they are the counties problem then... Not condoning it, just stating facts.
That and old matteresses, bed springs, fridges, stoves and garbage bags full of refuse too.. People are just pigs.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #45  
That and old matteresses, bed springs, fridges, stoves and garbage bags full of refuse too.. People are just pigs.
Fiberglass boat hulls too. Old style TVs (guess there is something toxic in them?). I picked up a package hot tub for my mom to take to the dump. They said Nope... Ended up having to cut it into about a dozen pieces, and smuggling them into trash a piece at a time... after a while, I said F this, ill just burn them (pvc, fiberglass, hdpe, and syrofoam)... that was the nastiest burn ever, I actually put fire out, and ended up burying the remaining chunks.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #46  
I oil the road to the barn with it.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #47  
Have used it for trailer decks and the decks around the house for years.

What I don't use up goes in the same 55-gallon barrel as the used oil and is given to a nearby shop that uses it for heating.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #48  
our dump takes tires off the rims and any used oil or hazardous liquids free. they take up to 2000# per day free dump. i once went a few hundred pounds over 2000 in my dump trailer, it cost me $8

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #49  
Ours has a couple tire amnesty days per year. They also have some hazardous waste amnesty days, but I don't know what is considered hazardous. They are easy going about oil, household trash, and appliances, bit for some reason old TVs are an exception (or atleast where, that's why you find so many on the overgrown dirt roads).

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #50  
bit for some reason old TVs are an exception
There are hazardous materials inside a CRT, plus the third-world countries etc now refuse to take them to strip for parts.

Recently Goodwill had a government contract to be a collection point for TVs and monitors. No longer.

I couldn't get rid of a nice looking TV until the 6th place I tried, and the receiving guy there seemed inexperienced. I put the TV in his cart and got out of there quick before his boss noticed. It had been refused by 2 Goodwills then 3 thrift stores.

Maybe negotiate a trade-in when buying a new TV?