Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid?

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #71  
Autozone and Advanced will take my used motor oil without question but when i asked them about hydraulic oil they said they couldn't take that.

Where do you get rid of it?
I do the same as local governments. They make asphalt and spread it on the highways. I spread mine on the gravel drives to hold down the dust and over time it packs pretty nicely.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #72  
Wondering how to convert 8KW to BTU?
The Internet is a wonderful thing. "Online Calculators & Tools - RapidTables.com"

1692631898351.png

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #73  
   / Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #74  
I'm in NY and don't think that can be 100% true, as lots of "convenience" stores and even supermarkets sell quarts of motor oil.

I doubt they will take any used oil. Never tried to drop any used off there though.
From the DEC: Used Oil
Screenshot_20230821-122839-303.png

Aaron Z

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #75  
   / Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #76  
Our local tractor dealer takes it. They have an oil furnace

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #77  
Oreilly here told me that if they sell it they have to accept it, so mine goes back to Oreilly and they don't bat an eye. However the 5 gallon rule does apply.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #78  
Autozone and Advanced will take my used motor oil without question but when i asked them about hydraulic oil they said they couldn't take that.

Where do you get rid of it?
Mix it with used motor oil. Who will know its origin? And it all goes in the same holding tank anyway, out of our sight. Probably shipped to China and they just dump it, just like your "recycled trash," plastics, paper....ends up on container ships in Seattle and Lond Beach, if it goes anywhere at all.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #79  

Please notice, and with the extra large format you chose it should be fairly easy to find, that "retailers that don't service vehicles", "but sell AT LEAST 1000 gallons per year", must accept used oil or contract for someone that will "accept it on their behalf".

So, I was right. BFD anyway.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #80  
I dump my used on my trailer beds to preserve the wood.