Where do you store your attachments?

/ Where do you store your attachments? #21  
Right now I only have room for the tractor in a carport, all attachments not mounted are outside. I usually try to set them on a pallet or blocks of wood.

I am clearing off a place now to build an equipment shed. I was just going with gravel on the floor, but all you guys with the roll around dollies have convinced me I need to pour a floor. I am all about convenience. Next thing I will find a reason to add doors.

This started out as a simple three sided shed... where does it end??? :confused: :licking:

/ Where do you store your attachments? #22  
Right now I only have room for the tractor in a carport, all attachments not mounted are outside. I usually try to set them on a pallet or blocks of wood.

I am clearing off a place now to build an equipment shed. I was just going with gravel on the floor, but all you guys with the roll around dollies have convinced me I need to pour a floor. I am all about convenience. Next thing I will find a reason to add doors.

This started out as a simple three sided shed... where does it end??? :confused: :licking:
I don't have a 3 point quick hitch and the 6' boxblade weighs over 600 pounds, so it is much easier and faster hooking it on from the dolly.

PB140005.JPG
PC190005.JPG

/ Where do you store your attachments? #23  
In a shed behind the barn. I used to cram them all in the barn and then go through some pretty torturous tractor ballet to move them around, etc.
It got really interesting in the winter once the chains went on the tires and I was concerned about damage to floor.

Finally got tired of tractor ballet and the intermittent use of multiple tarps to keep things under wraps. Bit the bullet & had a four bay shed built.

Attachments and tractors are expensive, long-lived tools. I try to keep them out of the elements as much as possible.

There should be a "Primer of Tractor Wisdom and Reality" somewhere. First rule is to dispel the notion that a tractor is a vehicle. It is really a mobile power plant from which one can operate a variety of tools. Second rule is that you must take the price of the tractor and double it to get the initial, estimated investment in both tractor and attachments. Third rule is to take the cost & size of the original investment in barn/shed etc. and place a 50% multiplier on that to account for the additional storage of said attachments. Fourth rule is to keep spousal communications limited to the initial cost of tractor only until it is wise or inevitable to disclose follow on rules. Fifth rule is to reveal rules 2 and 3 to spouse/family only after initial investment is granted and executed. Sixth rule is to beg for forgiveness about being ignorant of Rules 2 and 3 until it was too late.

/ Where do you store your attachments? #24  
In a shed behind the barn. I used to cram them all in the barn and then go through some pretty torturous tractor ballet to move them around, etc.
It got really interesting in the winter once the chains went on the tires and I was concerned about damage to floor.

Finally got tired of tractor ballet and the intermittent use of multiple tarps to keep things under wraps. Bit the bullet & had a four bay shed built.

Attachments and tractors are expensive, long-lived tools. I try to keep them out of the elements as much as possible.

There should be a "Primer of Tractor Wisdom and Reality" somewhere. First rule is to dispel the notion that a tractor is a vehicle. It is really a mobile power plant from which one can operate a variety of tools. Second rule is that you must take the price of the tractor and double it to get the initial, estimated investment in both tractor and attachments. Third rule is to take the cost & size of the original investment in barn/shed etc. and place a 50% multiplier on that to account for the additional storage of said attachments. Fourth rule is to keep spousal communications limited to the initial cost of tractor only until it is wise or inevitable to disclose follow on rules. Fifth rule is to reveal rules 2 and 3 to spouse/family only after initial investment is granted and executed. Sixth rule is to beg for forgiveness about being ignorant of Rules 2 and 3 until it was too late.

That should be a sticky note.

/ Where do you store your attachments? #25  
My barn just got completed and I'm in the process of 'arranging' things but one thing I did was build this corner 'shelf'. I put my grapple on the shelf and then put my box blade underneath with my pallet forks 'tucked' inside the box blade - this gets my 3 implements only taking up a 4' X 8' area of floor space. The top shelf now has our outdoor furniture on it for the winter.

Attachments

• IMG_0446b.jpg
    IMG_0446b.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 443
   / Where do you store your attachments? #26  

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Where do you store your attachments? #27  

Hahaha. This should be some sort of required reading just prior to telling the wife about wanting to buy a tractor.

/ Where do you store your attachments? #28  
Best. Post. Ever!

/ Where do you store your attachments? #29  
I built a 20X40 mono slope roof building last fall for all my attachments and some other items for the garden, etc. Before that, everything that couldn't be stuffed into the shop sat outside for the winter.

Attachments

• P1060006.jpg
    P1060006.jpg
    711.6 KB · Views: 439
   / Where do you store your attachments? #30  
Until I get my pole barn built everything is outside but my tractor and whatever attachment I have on it.. usually my box blade. My shredder is on a large wooden piece of decking, and my post hole digger was dug into the ground and detached..