Where Does Your "Handle" Come From?

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #11  
Mine came from being the top man for my buddies when they were diving. Had to add the z because I used it on the CB and the "s" version was taken. Plus depending on how deep they were diving, it sounded like a "z" on the comms!

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #13  
Being a really old guy and fairly new at computer handles and passwords etc., I tried to get on the TBN site. Seems like everything that I picked was already taken.....In the last attempt, I tried "oddball".....well that was already taken also. Then I stumbled on to "oldballs" by accident .. and...that stuck....and I have lived happily ever after. 😇

Cheers,
Mike

And....it is a fitting handle since I'll turn 91 YO next month.

Last edited:
   / Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #16  
I joined during the first month after the forum was established. At that time, most of us just used our names or some portion of our names. It would be fun to have a screen handle, but after 23 years I’m hesitant to change.

/ Where Does Your "Handle" Come From? #20  
I don't know where I first used 'tacticalturnip' but I was trying to think of a new username, having decided to move on from an old one that held too much onto the past. Anyhow, 'Good Directions' by Billy Currington came on, and I got thinking of turnip trucks. That became tactical turnip trucks, for tactical turnips.

Yogi, great story.