Where is this Coming From?

/ Where is this Coming From? #1  

SandburRanch

Veteran Member
Tractor
NHtd75
稚 稚 I壇

--------------------------------------------------------------
It makes posts difficult to read. Is anyone else seeing this? Anything I can do to prevent it like maybe change my settings?

/ Where is this Coming From? #2  
Most of the time when you see those wierd letters it is because the post was written with a word processor and then pasted into the forum. The fonts in the word processor are not the same as the forum and you get the strange charaters. There is nothing that you can do about it. it is caused by the poster.

/ Where is this Coming From? #4  
I post using a Mac and if I use the "character pallet" on this site, it comes out like that.

Kim

/ Where is this Coming From?
Most of the time when you see those wierd letters it is because the post was written with a word processor and then pasted into the forum. The fonts in the word processor are not the same as the forum and you get the strange charaters. There is nothing that you can do about it. it is caused by the poster.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I doubt that since I don't have a word processor.

/ Where is this Coming From? #6  

Just to be clear, it's not whether you have a word processor. These weird characters appear when the person who made the post uses a word processor to compose their message, copies the text from their word processor then pastes the text into their message.

/ Where is this Coming From? #7  
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Little bit more information needed to help you... so you see the characters in other peoples posts? or are they from your posts? are you on a PC or a Mac?

Sounds like to see this a bunch? Can you link to one of those posts?

/ Where is this Coming From? #8  
As guess, the person who made the post with the oddball characters is using a font that is not common. Your computer does not have the same font so uses a font that is close but has different character definitions for the non-alpha ASCII codes. That would explain why the original poster screen would look normal and yours would not

/ Where is this Coming From? #9  
稚 稚 I壇

--------------------------------------------------------------
It makes posts difficult to read. Is anyone else seeing this? Anything I can do to prevent it like maybe change my settings?

What the heck did you just say?

/ Where is this Coming From?
What the heck did you just say?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I just said if what I typed keeps getting changed to a foreign language I may be be hitting the road.

The problem is they will still have my email address and I'll continue to get all the advertisements from from those middle east countries.