Oil & Fuel Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #81  
One of our goals as Kubota folks should be to keep our local dealers in business by supporting them with our purchases. To me it's not worth the few bucks you will save by not buying OEM filters and SUDT for your machine. I spent a lot of money on my tractor and its just not worth it to put non Kubota filters on it. Penny wise and pound foolish!

I wish this were true. When I bought my 5740, the dealer up here in alaska wanted 8,000 dollars more than the dealer in washington state, and that was with shipping included. So sometimes that is correct, but 8000 dollars. I only have one dealer. I even gave them the quote. Now for parts. I can buy them so much cheaper and ship them than the dealer so at what point do you feel they start to rip you off.

Back to the original question. On my tractor, only kubota makes the transmission filter for the HST. It is all aluminum and no one but kubota makes it. I buy all my kubota filters from a place on ebay. They sell the trans filter, hydro filter, air filter, oil filter, fuel filter for approx 135 bucks for all filters. Now it has been two years since I last bought any because I dont put that many hours on it. The more you buy, the better the price.

As for oil, I am more worried about cold weather. I run napa stuff because I was a little low from the leak I had on the mid pto. I will run amsoil on this first change because I can get it for same price as UDT2. I have some wix filters for the engine because these kits only come with one oil filter.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #82  
Oriley's has a filter special running for couple more days...as much as 70% off, but only for ag filters, 4 pages of filter numbers...WIX

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #83  
for the rest of the year at your gm dealer you can get a oil change and tire roatation for 39.95 with a 10 buck rebate to make it 29.95. dealers are reqired to use gm parts and mobil brand oil for them to perticipate in this. 5 qt max on the oil. Ford is also doing the same deal so why the heck would anyone do it on their own i will never know.

So that it gets done right! Took my truck in for a "complimentary" oil change and could not get the filter off when I changed it 3000 miles later. Daughters car had tire rotation done and an oil change, when I went to change her brakes, wheels had been OVERTORQUED and broke off a stud! NEVER happens when I do my own maintenance. I use a torquee wrench to reinstall wheels. Friend has his oil changed at Ford dealer. He was visiting and needed an oil change. Asked where the closest dealer was. I changed it for him. Called him under the car...oil drain plug was loose and just about ready to come out!!

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #84  
So that it gets done right! Took my truck in for a "complimentary" oil change and could not get the filter off when I changed it 3000 miles later. Daughters car had tire rotation done and an oil change, when I went to change her brakes, wheels had been OVERTORQUED and broke off a stud! NEVER happens when I do my own maintenance. I use a torquee wrench to reinstall wheels. Friend has his oil changed at Ford dealer. He was visiting and needed an oil change. Asked where the closest dealer was. I changed it for him. Called him under the car...oil drain plug was loose and just about ready to come out!!

i find a dealer i trust and then check their work everytime. My first question is do you guys use "torque sticks" on the wheels, if they dont know what that is i leave. i always pull out in the parking lot, check the fluid levels and check under the unit.

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #87  
Most dealers do offer discounts in the spring on multi filter orders. The more you buy the larger the discount!

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #88  
Deere is running there spring filter sale in our area. Funny thing, when I serviced my hydraulic system, the deere filter was 1/2 price of the wix at O riellys.(that was before the sale) So I asked the same of the lube oil filter, it was around 10 dollars for it, roughly the same price as the wix at said place. Dont know about yall, but I had rather run deere filters as the others for that money, I am a wix filter person, who knows, they may make deeres. The oil is a different matter. There oil is quite a bit higher. But we buy deere brand oil in the bulk for the farm in lube oil and hyd. oil both. Funny thing about that stuff, sometimes the dealer is cheaper, sometimes not. LUTT

/ Where to buy Oil and Hydraulic Filters at a discount #90  
AlaskaKubota,

Balwin makes filters for the hydraulic and HST filters for your tractor. Searching by application doesn't show any, but if the cross-reference option is used the following are found. (Used Keller Kubota to locate the p/n's for your tractor)

Part Number Manufacturer Baldwin
HHTA037710 KUBOTA BT8488 $ 26.35
HTA059900 KUBOTA BT9358 $ 51.46

Filter BT9358.jpg

I use Balwin Hyd. filters on my tractor and they are very stout at the thread connection like the stock Kubota ones. I had mail ordered mine but can remember from where. I'll post back later if I can find the receipt. Couldn't find it, but I believe it was from here: http://www.baldwinfiltersrus.com/baldwin_filters/part_lookup/

Please double check to make certain the p/n's are correct.

Last edited: