Where to buy used ?

/ Where to buy used ? #31  
Somehow I often see a mindset amoung sellers that the attachments are not worth much alone, so they throw them all in with the tractor. I bought my Steiner with low hours for a good price just for the tractor and got five almost new attachments thrown in. He might have doubled his money if he sold them seperately. I was lucky, he asked a dealer what they would give him (which is never much) and he offered it to me at that price.

Sometimes people dont care, but I also think there is mindset when it comes to this and I have been in this boat. Sometimes when you sell something you just want it all gone and or want the money. Theres also the situation where you sell the tractor for example, where as it makes the implements worthless or not as easy to sell.

Bottom line is I like to get good value out of things when they go, but I'm just not that guy that holds out for months trying to eek pennies out of it.

/ Where to buy used ? #32  
I was selling a 72" Steiner deck for $2200.00 (Would take $2000). Got a bunch of low ball offers, some several times. Held on to it for two years and it finally sold this spring. Guy Didn't even haggle so I gave it to him at $2000.00.

Sometimes it pays to hold out.

/ Where to buy used ? #33  
I am an Industrial engineer myself and my company always in need of machinery, especially the used ones. Due to the fact that we don't have a lot of finances to afford expensive equipment, the used ones are really useful in our work. However, the main problem of the used machinery is that it usually has short lifetime, so we are in need of good quality used machinery and the place for that is Sell and buy used machines online safely. I have worked with them a couple of years and we didn't have any problems with their machinery. Feel free to contact them.

Last edited:
   / Where to buy used ? #34  
Last time I sold a tractor it was advertised everywhere for over a month with no reasonable offers and I ended up selling it to a guy that drove by and saw it for sale at the road for full asking price

/ Where to buy used ? #35  
It may be good to just drive around and see what is available around you

/ Where to buy used ? #36  
Last time I sold a tractor it was advertised everywhere for over a month with no reasonable offers and I ended up selling it to a guy that drove by and saw it for sale at the road for full asking price
I posted an ad for my tractor on Craig's List last weekend, had a dozen calls, first person that looked at it bought it. Usually it's an advantage with CL is that most people seeing the ad are within 30-50 miles and can come look at it more easily. This time the local guys were like "maybe I'll come look at it this weekend" or "early next week". The guy that bought it drove 4 hours each way, showed up with a trailer and cash and arrived when he said he would. I got what I wanted for it in less than a week. I've mostly had good experiences with CL.

/ Where to buy used ? #37  
My secret source wasn't to use the internet at all.

For good deals on good used tractors and implements you might want to get up real early, load up your pockets with cash, and drive right out your favorite rural route until you come to a good sized farm community not close to a big city.

Then make the rounds of feed stores and mom and pop breakfast restaurants looking for bulletin boards, local sales sheets, and talking to people.

At the worst it is an enjoyable way to spend a morning.

rScotty

/ Where to buy used ? #38  
Thanks everyone for replying.

Personally I don't like CL, FB or EBay.

FB is full of scams.

CL and FB is full of scams, lots of fake ads. You can tell because one, the price is way too good. Two, the phone numbers only text, and if you call, it'll say its a computer based texting service. Three, the scammers speak other language because they are overseas. Other issue is many "legit" ads by businesses are mis leading. They post a $30,000 tractor and show a $20,000 price. It's basically a bait n switch type deal. However, many seem like just laziness. They post a good looking loaded tractor picture for all the ads in that type / brand class.

The issue I have with Ebay, is most postings are auction, not buy it now. Although one can obtain good leads. Example, if I see a tractor at a good price, I can contact the seller, and see if they have other tractors.

I'll admit, I just found what seems like a good legit deal for a Branson 47XX loader / backhoe. Seller claims I just need to pay off the bank. ~$24,000 or so. The model tractor is being sold for ~$35,000 to $40,000 on other sites. I'm going to make a verbal call tomorrow. I'll call the bank and confirm its legit.

Admittedly I'm still skeptical on the whole thing. I mean, if he has a lien for $XX,XXX.XX, than why not just ask for more than what is owed? then pay it off. He seems to be telling me that I can pay the lien off at the bank and pick up the tractor. Fishy if you ask me. But if it is legit, I'll do wire transfer as the tractor is being loaded on my trailer. Or, I'll just bring cash plus a few buck and advice him to pay off the loan.
A text phone number doesn't mean that's a scam it means people are trying to protect their phone numbers from be picked up by a bot.

/ Where to buy used ? #39  
My experience is mostly in bank lending. When the banks repo equipment, they are looking to recoup as much of their money as possible, here's the rub, they are not usually looking to get 100% whole, often it is much less. Many banks have sales to let rid of repoed stuff. They will most often sell for way under market value as the goal is remaining balance. Check your area for banks that do ag lending and find out when they have sales...fyi, some do it on consignment so it will be an auction house that does the sale.

/ Where to buy used ? #40  
There are lot of use tractors being sold here. I would rather buy from the guys here than anywhere else.