where to mount extra spools

/ where to mount extra spools #1  

subzero

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 HST
please send any pics of where you have mounted your extra hydralic spools.
most are mounted on the rool ball.. but I seen one mounted under and to the side of the joystick and he put longer levers on ?? these are the ones I have seen any thoughts ??

Attachments

• 7hydvalve-med.jpg
    7hydvalve-med.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 461
  • 9195L39_Rear_Remotes.jpg
    9195L39_Rear_Remotes.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 448
  • 12628Rear_remotes_1.jpg
    12628Rear_remotes_1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 415
  • 12628Rear_remotes_4.jpg
    12628Rear_remotes_4.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 406
  • beagle4.jpg
    beagle4.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 412
  • Dsc00351.jpg
    Dsc00351.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 432
   / where to mount extra spools #2  
I'm interested to see the replies to your question, as I am trying to determine the exact same issue.

My first impression was to get the controls as close as possible to the operator, while he was in a driving position. But after thinking about that for awhile, I thought that it might be better to have them out of the way - after all, what kind of implement controls will you have back there which are so time-critical in adjustment that you want to have control in hand while moving and while also 'fine tuning' the position of the implement.

So anyway, that's where I stand today. Get them out of the way and maybe even behind you. When you need to activate the controls, you stop the tractor, reach back, make an adjustment, slip back into driving position and check to see if you have to do that over again. Depending on where you are, you might be able to just slow down but keep moving while you reach back.

I constantly have my hand on the loader control when I am doing that work. But my rear implements are kind of set in place and stay there.

/ where to mount extra spools #3  
Not too many options on the 790.

Attachments

• valverear.JPG
    valverear.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 409
  • valvefront.JPG
    valvefront.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 358
   / where to mount extra spools #4  
We always recommend you double check with the tractor manufacturer on the recommended location to tap into the hydraulic system. If you tap into the wrong location it can cause a lot of additional issues and or damage your hydraulic system. Most offer a tap in kit with instructions.

/ where to mount extra spools #5  
Man that's a lot of extra hardware for a small tractor. Is one of those levers for a hydraulic back scratcher?? or #$^& scratcher?? :D:D

Just playing,
Rob

/ where to mount extra spools #6  
Agreed that it is a lot of hoses but it all works great. One for blade angle, two for TnT.

/ where to mount extra spools #7  
On my BX24, mounting the extra spools in the rear works good. I seem to be always looking back at the attachment anyway. There was no welding, just 2 holes to drill, all the hoses were short (and low $$), and the entire job was finished in about 4 hours including the trip to the hydraulic supply house.

Attachments

• tbncarsceExtraSpools.jpg
    tbncarsceExtraSpools.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 380
   / where to mount extra spools
carsca - that looks like a nice system...the reason that you have quick couplers on your in / out / PB ... is because you can quick connect when you don't have back hoe on ??.. can you add some other pictures of the controller, front .. side .. mounting ... etc ... would be much accepited..

/ where to mount extra spools #9  
I installed the remotes on my B7800 while building the cab, and mounted the spools so it would be comfortable (as you can be going backwards) operating the chute rotation and deflector on a 3PH snowblower. I find this setup works really well for me.

Attachments

• Cab13.jpg
    Cab13.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 319
   / where to mount extra spools #10  
Here are some pics which hopefully show how I added forward controls to a Prince sectional. In this way, the valve body could be behind the seat, and the control levers come forward to a comfortable operating position.

Attachments

• P1010206 (Medium).JPG
    P1010206 (Medium).JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 326
  • P1010200 (Medium).JPG
    P1010200 (Medium).JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 304
  • P1010114 (Medium).JPG
    P1010114 (Medium).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 281
  • P1010139 (Medium).JPG
    P1010139 (Medium).JPG