Which code reader?

/ Which code reader? #1  

TN8Man

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX5010 CAB HST
I'm looking for a code reader that can be used on all my vehicles which includes a 97 JD 445 lawn tractor, 2017 Kioti ck3510, 97 Jeep Wrangler, 2003 Dodge Ram, 2007 Honda Accord and a 2007 Honda T60 outboard.

Looking for one that displays live data and most of the latest handy capabilities.

Thanks

Don

/ Which code reader? #2  
Lots of luck with your 'wish list'. I suspect you'll find one just past the 'hens teeth' listing.

I'd like to have one that simply reads code on my Kubota!

/ Which code reader? #3  
Lots of code readers available for cars and trucks. But not much for tractors due to proprietary ECM's and programs. I've been looking for a while. I did find an adapter that converts my round OBD port to a standard OBD port like on a vehicle. With a bluetooth ELM327 and an online diagnostic program like Cummins Fault Advisor it does connect and read some items but not really what I'm looking for.

/ Which code reader? #4  
Leave out the John Deere, Kioti and the outboard and the others are no problem.

/ Which code reader? #5  
Most OBD II code readers are really good for highway cars and trucks its pretty much universal.... For tractors, not a chance....

Been playing with ELM 327 and its ok, lots of apps for Apple or Android (some good, some not so good) and if you don't mind futzing with quirkyness of WIFI or Bluetooth you can probably save a few pennies.... But when chips are down nothing beats dedicate $80-100 unit from AP store...

By the time I have bought the ELM 327 module, and purchase full app licence for all vehicles and time wasted getting things to work I should bought the $89 Bosch unit from FLAPS...

Dale

/ Which code reader? #6  
Most OBD II code readers are really good for highway cars and trucks its pretty much universal....

Yeah, but a lot of them can't be updated. I have a roughly 10 year old one that won't connect to my wife's 2015 car. Did they change the OBDII specs somewhere along the way? I could see it not recognizing newer codes, but this one, while it knows it's connected to something doesn't recognize the car's ECU.
Was a mid-range price wise unit when I bought it.