Which end of the egg comes out first?

/ Which end of the egg comes out first? #11  
   / Which end of the egg comes out first?
   / Which end of the egg comes out first? #15  
So which came first, the dinosaur or the egg?

/ Which end of the egg comes out first? #16  
So which came first, the dinosaur or the egg?
The dinosaur. They crawled up out of the slime and muck, looked at each other and said "EWW". Our kids are NOT going to go through what we did! We're going to invent the egg.

That worked great for an eon or so, until somebody invented the shell phone and there weren't enough resources for both eggs and phones.

/ Which end of the egg comes out first? #17  
This thread, in all of its eloquence, does not answer the important question of which came first.

The egg, of course. They've been around much longer than chickens have.

I'm still going with the chicken ... referencing Genesis 1 (NIV)

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

As I drive down my road, I keep having to stop for my neighbour's chickens as they are crossing the road. The chickens look up, but do no answer. My neighbour is still doing research on this. My guess is that they cross the road, because it is there. My chickens do not engage in the raod work activity.

Strangest locations that i have observed the activity of an egg being laid, is in mid-flight (when the bird was startled, getting out of my way as I gathered eggs) about a foot of the ground, landing softly in the shavings. I have also observed a chicken sitting on the edge of a water bucket, lay the egg into the water. Strange critters.

/ Which end of the egg comes out first? #18  
Strange critters.
They are. The only way that I could ever break even on my birds was if they started laying golden eggs; several per day for a month or so. But it's a fun hobby and really doesn't cost that much. I have (2) two+ year old layers left and am unsure if I want to get more or let them fade away. My dog likes the livestock so I will probably keep going until he is gone. Then there won't be an animal on the place, as I want to do some travelling if they ever get the plane situation squared away.

/ Which end of the egg comes out first? #19  
This thread, in all of its eloquence, does not answer the important question of which came first.
I was thinking the same thing! So to solve this once and forever. I ordered one of each from Amazony and I will tell you tomorrow!

Danno

……Strange critters.

Yes. And very funny to watch sometimes. Every day when we open the run gate, all 11 go running as fast as they can for the bird feeders on the other side of the house, where the scattered seed from the flying birds is on the ground. Comical as heck to watch the race.