Which grease for my BX22?

/ Which grease for my BX22? #1  

tbohen

Tractor
Kubota BX22
I know its probably been answered a 100 times but I tried doing some searches and didnt come up with much. But is there a consensus on the BEST grease for my Kubota BX22? I really don't mind spending the extra bucks on a certain brand or on synthetic if it helps. Considering the amount of money I have into the machine it would probably make me feel better spending more money on grease :)

/ Which grease for my BX22? #2  
tbohen,

Any good grade moly based grease is OK - i usually buy a name brand about $2-14oz tube. You will go through about a 1/3-1/2 tube per application typically. Important too is cleaning the zerks of dirt and debris so not to inject this as well.

I do it every 8-10 hours, as well have a few rags about to wipe off the overage around the operator area, as it never fails to ruin your Sunday best. I leave the FEL lower pins and BH bucket zerk holes filled with grease as it helps to keep the junk out for the next time.

Carl

/ Which grease for my BX22? #3  
I bought a case of Amsoil grease. One nice byproduct of synthetic is that it doesn't stink like petroleum based grease. It's also a nice purple color. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Which grease for my BX22? #4  
I use a multipurpose grease. That means I can use it for anything including wheel bearings which need a grease that will withstand a lot of heat especially if they're wheel bearings on a disc braked vehicle.

I also look for a grease that has excellent wash resistance since I run equipment through a creek frequently so I want something that will last. I'm using Mobil 1 synthetic universal grease which ended up on the close out shelf at Quality Farm and Fleet before they closed. Otherwise it was priced at $4.50 a tube. Like the Amsoil grease it's purple.

/ Which grease for my BX22? #5  
I am using "One Grease" synthetic made by slick 50. Get it a Walmart for $3.60 a tube.

/ Which grease for my BX22? #6  
I am using Mobil 1 universal synthetic grease for my BX2200.

It costs about $4 a tube and is purple color not black. It is almost odorless, with no petroleum smell at all. It is supposed to be better if you are out in the wet like the grease joints on my FEL. The stuff is better looking it doesn't look like your machine is dirty. And it doesnt stain your clothes nearly as much as black moly grease. Not to mention the Mobil 1 is rated for extreme pressure.

Note that I do NOT use synthetic motor oil, I use Mobil Delvac 1300 Super. But the Mobil 1 grease has a number of properties that are quite different than regular grease and only costs about a dollar more per tube. I find I do not use up a lot of grease though I keep the mower, FEL and footpedal well greased the stuff seems to last forever.

/ Which grease for my BX22? #7  
What kind of grease gun do you use? I just bought a new compact tractor and now have 6 hours on it. The manual says to grease it every 8 hours, same for the FEL. I went about 9 years without a tractor and as I recall the old hand squeeze, short hose gun I had was pretty hard to keep squeezing.
Any suggestions. Did see the part about Mobil 1 synthetic so will probably go that way. Just need to know which gun to buy.
Thanks.

/ Which grease for my BX22? #8  
I use an air powered grease gun and I love it. There is a discussion somewhere in this thread about a foot powered gun that some seem to like.

/ Which grease for my BX22? #9  
I use a cordless grease gun. Works great.

/ Which grease for my BX22? #10  
Thanks Mike and Ozarker. Cordless may be just the ticket since I don't have an electrified shed yet.